|Date Posted||May 5, 2021|
We are looking for a Chief Technology Officer (CTO) to provide sound technical leadership in all aspects of our business. You will communicate with employees, stakeholders and customers to ensure our company’s technologies are used appropriately. Strategic thinking and strong business acumen are essential in this role. We expect you to be well-versed in current technological trends and familiar with a variety of business concepts. If you are an excellent communicator and public speaker, we’d like to meet you.
- Setting a vision for how technology will be used in the company.
- Ensuring that technological resources meet the company's short and long-term needs.
- Outline the goals for research and development.
- Creating timelines for the development and deployment of all technological services.
- Making executive decisions on behalf of the company's technological requirements.
- Acting as a mentor to team members.
- Maintaining a consumer-focused outlook and aiding in the delivery of IT projects to market.
- Managing technology budgets and time frames.
- Staying on top of technology trends and developments.
- Ensuring all technology practices adhere to regulatory standards.
- Provide strategic guidance of all technology and engineering-related decisions, including product roadmap, to maximize the company's future growth and profitability
- Evaluate and evolve current application architecture, handle verification and validation of mission-critical software, and aid in decision-making aimed at developing a more seamless, scalable product. (This could include a product rebuild if deemed necessary.)
- Oversee the hiring and management of all technology-related staff, consultants, and 3rd party vendors (engineers, data scientists, IT personnel, QA testing resource, etc.)
- Implement technology solutions and development tools that may improve the efficiency and effectiveness of all Departments, and in a fashion that supports the company's KPIs, mission, and values.
- Implement information security standards/policies, including running audits and document security procedures
- Lead writing and management of software-related documentation
- Devise an application deployment strategy, including guidance of DevOps and hosting server infrastructure
- Make recommendations for product improvements, and any other innovations that could be beneficial within any/all company departments and projects, based on technological research – especially those within the ticketing and blockchain industries, explore new tools/technologies to improve development efficiency and product quality
- Analyze and report on opportunities and risks for delivering the company’s services, including identification of competitive services, product and enhancement requirements, opportunities for innovation, and assessment of marketplace obstacles and technical hurdles to the business success
- Identify technology trends and evolving social behavior that may support or impede the success of the business. Evaluate and identify appropriate technology platforms (including web application frameworks and the deployment stack) for delivering the company’s services.
We are looking for
- Expertise in software engineering with leadership experience excelling in managing the delivery of complex yet coherent end-to-end systems on time and within coding standards
- Expert-level technical management and engineering prowess to lead a team implementing enterprise-class Java-based servers, REST APIs and user interfaces
- Experience building a world-class team of engineers, with a track record of identifying and bringing in top quality technical talent
- Ability to take ownership of system design and/or system components to ensure excellence in execution
- Ability to drive your development team’s attention to detail and a desire to build, maintain and test quality code in an agile team environment while transitioning user stories into high quality, highly functioning software
- Expertise in developing new software capabilities, serving as the senior engineer and technical advisor to the CEO and Executive Chairman
- Experience building hybrid and native mobile applications, and launching/taking commercial mobile apps to market
- Polished interpersonal and communications skills (written & verbal), with ability to communicate proactively and effectively with executive leaders across the company
- Familiarity with and desire to stay on top of cutting-edge technology
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or related technical field.
- Angular 2 through 5
- Java 7+
- Java Spring Framework
- Enterprise Security
- Ruby on Rails
- API/Webhook Development
- Custom App Development
- RESTful Web Services / Microservices
- Semantic Web / RDF / Graph & Triple Stores / Linked Data
- SQL / JPA / PostgreSQL / ETL