|Date Posted||September 25, 2020|
YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
- FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For
- Computerworld Best Places to Work in IT
- FORTUNE Best Workplaces for Millennials
- Forbes America’s Best Employers
To provide architectural expertise and leadership to accelerate Navy Federal’s journey to be a data driven enterprise. Act as the overall data and information management thought leader within Information Services helping guide decisions to make data a key strategic asset and enabler to gleam insights to drive business outcomes. Provide expert consultative guidance on leveraging AI, Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing in an optimal manner across the enterprise. Provide strategic analysis and recommendations to influence key decisions by executive leadership.
• Drive the architectural roadmap for data products and data services ensuring alignment with the enterprise architectural strategies and standards
• Apply creative thinking approach to develop technical solutions that further business goals and align with corporate technology strategies, keeping in mind performance, reliability, scalability, usability, security, flexibility, and cost
• Articulate architectural solutions and explain the competitive advantages of various alternatives
• Design and develop data architecture for scalable technical solutions in the areas of data optimization, data management, performance and efficiency
• Develop, present and explain the value and vision of proposed architectures and solutions to a wide range of audiences
• Lead efforts in identification and analysis of data requirements to drive data models and data structures
• Develop and apply architectural reference patterns that guide the selection, development, implementation and use of information technology across the enterprise
• Collaborate on reviews to assess the integrity and quality of proposed technical solutions
• Develop and apply architectural governance based on business and information technology strategies
• Create and maintain architectural documentation and/or artifacts for use in technology projects, mentoring, internal training and product evaluation
• Develop technical solutions for business systems and functions that align with Navy Federal’s corporate strategy
• Collaborate with key stakeholders within Enterprise Data, Information Management, and Mission Data to drive alignment and move the enterprise data strategy forward to reality
• Anticipate internal and/or external business challenges including regulatory; recommend process, product or service enhancements
• Provide forward thinking technical expertise in current and emerging technologies, trends and practices (e.g., Distributed Ledger Technology (Blockchain), Internet of Things (IoT), Social Media, AI, Machine Learning, and NLP, etc.)
• Lead and prioritize strategic technology initiatives across enterprise data, information and analytics management
• Provide technical leadership in the architecture discipline and development of information technology solutions
• Build and maintain relationships with team members, management, key stakeholders and external contacts (e.g., vendors, etc.)
• Lead, guide and mentor less experienced staff
• Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Management, Computer Science, Information Security, or related field, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Extensive experience working in a large-scale IT organization with responsibility for developing enterprise data architecture solutions, preferably in a large financial services organization or other major B2C corporation
• Extensive experience in Cloud Big Data platform architecture and design (e.g., Operational Cloud Native Data Hubs, Cloud Data Warehouse, etc.)
• Expert knowledge of disruptive technologies (e.g., AI, ML, NLP, IoT, Distributed Ledger, Blockchain, etc.)
• Expert knowledge of Azure Data Catalog, Azure Data Factory, Microsoft SQL Server, etc.
• Expert knowledge of various data structures and the ability to extract data from various databases (e.g., Teradata, Oracle, etc.)
• Expert knowledge of development and/or operations framework methodologies, including Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL), Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC), etc.
• Expert skill in strategy development and decision-making using holistic data integration and objective data analytics
• Advanced knowledge of Agile frameworks (e.g., SAFE)
• Significant experience in data management and architecture, performance management, information delivery and predictive/advanced analytics
• Expert knowledge of multiple database concepts and data flows
• Expert knowledge of project management methodologies such as Agile or other project management practices used in iterative development environments
• Significant experience in the application of modeling and quantification concepts including statistics and probability principles
• Significant experience in managing multiple strategic partnerships through continuous collaboration
• Significant experience in analyzing large amounts of customer data to identify key trends and business opportunities
• Expert skill to effectively communicate technical and non-technical issues and information clearly and concisely to all levels of management and staff
• Expert problem solving, collaboration, critical thinking, team building, and presentation skills
• Expert skill translating complex business requirements into functional data architecture solutions
• Expert skill to influence, negotiate and persuade to reach agreeable exchange and positive outcomes
• Advanced skill in formulating a strategic vision and defining and implementing action plans to achieve strategic goals
• Significant experience in leading, guiding and mentoring professional staff
• Expert verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
Desired Qualifications and Education Requirements:
• Master’s degree in Information Management, Computer Science, Information Security, or related field
• Significant experience in the financial services sector and a good understanding of operational and regulatory risks and controls
• Advanced knowledge of Navy Federal functions, philosophy, operations and organizational objectives
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm
Location: 820 Follin Lane, Vienna, VA 22180
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.