|Location||Jersey City, NJ|
|Date Posted||November 2, 2020|
Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities?
Join our DTCC family, and you’ll grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you’ll tackle challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life.
Why You’ll Love This Job:
Being a member of the Business Innovation Group means you will be part of a diverse and collaborative team. The Business Innovation Group plays a key role in driving innovation across the organization. The Business Innovation Group defines the firm's strategy for new and emerging technology innovation, leads efforts related to the research and experimentation of fintech, works with colleagues and the industry to advance dialogue on key topics and develops thought leadership. We develop an industry-wide view of what's coming by partnering with technology vendors, representing DTCC on fintech committees and speaking at fintech conferences. The group is also responsible for the identification, design and execution of new business opportunities.
This insight and perspective serve our business units and our clients. It allows us to determine what's desirable or needed from a client perspective, what's viable from a business perspective, and what's possible from a technology perspective.
This role supports the Business Innovation Group in meeting its goals and objectives for the organization and its clients.
Your Primary Responsibilities:
- Assess the maturity of emerging technologies/innovations (Blockchain, AI, Quantum, Digital Assets, and Cryptocurrencies), monitor the fintech landscape, and capture key insights on industry trends and customer intelligence with respect to those emerging technology/innovations.
- Drive the development of market and competitive analysis materials through research, industry publications, attending industry functions, participation in client meetings and subscription tools
- Evaluate startups and fintech firms, and assess their capabilities in alignment to DTCC businesses
- Assist in formulating DTCC’s FinTech strategy to enhance DTCC’s competitive positioning, expand the product offering and improve the economics of the business
- Evaluate potential new business opportunities, from idea screening through feasibility assessment to business case development. Collaborate cross-functionally to evaluate new product or service innovations with a view to DTCC’s overall benefit and not just the needs of any one individual business
- Participate in discussions with clients, both buy and sell side, regarding potential new business opportunities
- Design new products, services and solutions leveraging zero-based design
- Manage and execute POC/Pilot/Prototype initiatives from beginning to end, in collaboration with business stakeholders and technology partners
- Manage the day to day operational and tactical aspects of the Business Innovation Group, including planning, organizing and monitoring all activities of the internal and external members of a project team, assisting in the prioritization of project activities and taking appropriate action to track, identify, mitigate and minimize DTCC exposure to risks.
- Leverage collaborative tools to provide transparency into initiatives, projects and book of work items
- Assist in the prioritization of pipeline of opportunities, project activities, and report on the progress and issues
- Mitigates risk by following established procedures and monitoring controls, spotting key errors and demonstrating strong ethical behavior.
**NOTE: The Primary Responsibilities of this role are not limited to the details above. **
Talents Needed For Success:
- Minimum of 7 years of related experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred with Masters or equivalent experience
- Interest and experience in emerging technologies, innovation and digital strategy preferred
- Entrepreneurial mindset & accustomed to using collaborative tools
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
DTCC safeguards the financial markets and helps them run efficiently, in times of prosperity and crisis. We are uniquely positioned at the center of global trading activity, processing over 100 million financial transactions every day, pioneering industry-wide, post-trade solutions and maintaining multiple data and operating centers worldwide. From where we stand, we can anticipate the industry’s needs and we’re working to continually improve the world’s most resilient, secure and efficient market infrastructure. Our employees are driven to deliver innovative technologies that improve efficiency, lower cost and bring stability and certainty to the post-trade lifecycle.
Our work environment favors openness and gives people freedom to do their jobs well, by encouraging diverse opinions and emphasizing teamwork. When you join our team, you’ll have an opportunity to make meaningful contributions at a company that is recognized as a thought leader in both the financial services and technology industries. A DTCC career is more than a good way to earn a living. It’s the chance to make a difference at a company that’s truly one of a kind.
DTCC Solutions delivers information-based and business processing solutions to financial intermediaries globally.
The DTCC Solutions Global Business Development team plays a key role in driving and developing growth initiatives and major business development efforts connected with strategy execution. The team advises DTCC senior leaders on emerging market, client and industry trends to promote faster and better-informed decisions supported by sound operational, market and financial analysis.