|Location||San Francisco, CA|
|Date Posted||April 7, 2021|
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as 'Personal Cell' or 'Cellular' in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Strategy, Digital & Innovation (SDI) team forges the strategic direction of Wells Fargo, provides and manages our digital foundation and common capabilities, and transforms our business models to meet evolving customer needs and grow the company. The investments we are making will help the company create innovative digital banking experiences, and make it easier for customers to achieve their financial goals.
Innovation R&D, Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT) Program, Regulatory and Governance Analyst (Business Initiatives Consultant 2)
This BIC2 position is responsible for managing strategic partnerships for the DLT Program and supporting regulatory/governance monitoring and consortia activities. Responsible for communicating strategically and effectively with senior leaders, product managers, architects, business/ technology/ operational risk management leaders to ensure Wells Fargo is fully informed of potential bank regulatory and governance changes being driven by emerging blockchain/DLT-based solutions. Partners with leaders and key stakeholders to conduct strategic discovery and opportunity analysis in support of identifying and implementing key business initiatives.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Responsible for leadership of cross functional/virtual teams to identify, strategize, and manage regulatory and governance organizations and consortia engagements related to blockchain/DLT for financial services.
- Acts as the senior analyst for bank regulatory and governance activity around blockchain/DLT.
- Develops strategic memos articulating the 'must know' regulatory and governance developments and trends and the potential impacts of regulatory and governance changes being considered by the OCC, SEC, CFTC, FRB, FINRA, et al.
- Collaborates with LOBs in the generation of strategic regulatory and governance assessments for the adoption of blockchain/DLT solutions.
- Provides leadership in the integration/implementation of regulatory and governance activity for the DLT Programs with cross functional business partners, recognizing the significance of competing priorities and strategies, and adjusting as necessary.
- Works across industry consortiums and trade associations to analyze regulatory and governance activity.
- Organizes and facilitates regular information sharing forums to promote engagement with the appropriate LOB stakeholders
- Tracks and evaluates performance of regulatory and governance activity through consortia and trade associations.
- Ensures plans and programs adhere to appropriate policies and regulations.
- Collaborates with LOBs in the generation of strategic regulatory and governance assessments.
- 6+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: project management, implementation, or strategic planning
- Excellent communication skills and ability to articulate complex material to a diverse audience
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Strong analytical skills with ability to draw conclusions and translate findings
- Ability to motivate staff to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Ability to negotiate, influence, and collaborate to build successful relationships
Other Desired Qualifications
- 6+ years of strategic partnership and/or financial industry trade association experience
- 3+ years of direct bank regulatory and governance involvement
- Strong knowledge and understanding of current bank regulatory and governance regimes
- A strong aptitude for emerging technologies and DLT( Distributed Ledger Technology)-specific industry trends
- Experience writing strategic memos
- Ability to travel up to 5% of the time
- Willingness to work on-site at stated location on the job opening
CA-SF-Financial District: 333 Market St - San Francisco, CA
NC-Charlotte: 401 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Visit https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/benefits for benefits information.