|Location||San Jose, CA|
|Date Posted||August 26, 2021|
SDS America is looking for a Business Development Director in Technology Partnerships to lead transactional opportunities with the Open Innovation Team globally.
They will be focused on engaging external partners and prospects and execution of transactions. The Business Development Director's core mission will be Open Innovation, which encompasses sensing/sourcing, partnerships, corporate investments and acquisition opportunities. The secondary mission will be searching for large technology vendors who could OEM/embed SDS R&D technologies, such as AI (text analysis, auto labeling, knowledge graph), Blockchain, Security (privacy enhancing technology) and Cloud (K8s based GPU clustering) into their product portfolios.
The candidate must have a passion for technology and intellectual curiosity to identify the technological impact on various business units in SDSA. This position will work closely with team leaders and cross-functional teams.
As part of Samsung SDS America, SDS Research America (SDSRA) was established in 2014 with the mission of building cutting edge technology in the area of AI and Cloud Computing. Part of SDSRA, Open Innovation Team was established in 2015 with the mission of "Executing Technology Driven Inorganic Growth with Silicon Valley Focus".
- Network with venture capitalists, accelerators and large vendors to identify and engage with potential partners.
- Proactively propose new technologies to business units and help them meet their technology partnership needs.
- Develop expertise in SDS R&D Technologies (AI, Blockchain, Security and Cloud).
- Draft partnership agreements with partners and negotiate commercial terms and conditions for such agreements.
- Develop and manage technology acquisition related partnerships with large technology vendors.
- Manage ongoing operations to ensure strong working relationships between business units and partners.
- Collaborate internally with product, marketing, sales, legal and other internal teams.
- Post-partnership support to ensure that the product is successfully sold to end customers.
- 10+ years of experience in technology fields, with a substantial portion in partnership development, technology planning, and/or venture investment.
- 6+ years of recent experience and deep knowledge of technologies including: enterprise AI, Cloud, Cyber Security, Blockchain, etc.
- Proven track record of successful efforts in technology partnerships development and management.
- Ability to understand technology and its strategic impact for Samsung SDS Business Units.
- Possess a strong professional network among entrepreneurs and vendors.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills.
- Strong planning, project and organizational skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Knowledgeable about technology trends.
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical field plus an MBA is preferred.
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, 401(k), PTO (Paid Time Off)
Samsung SDS America, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, marital status, genetic information, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.