|Date Posted||November 30, 2019|
Veritude is currently hiring for a Business Analyst in Boston, MA at Fidelity Investments.
The Purpose of Your Role
We are looking for a Business Analyst to join our team in creating and launching a new product. The role will be a core part of the team that comprises designers, engineers, and data scientists. You will work closely with the product owner and contribute to the project’s success by providing high quality analysis, documenting business requirements, developing system requirements, researching customer needs, and helping with the testing process to ensure business needs are met. In this role, you will explore market and technology trends to help us imagine the possibilities for the product.
We are a passionate team of entrepreneurs and experts focused on building a new business. We thrive in ambiguous and uncertain spaces, rapidly exploring big ideas using agile methodologies. We look for people who are relentlessly curious, action-oriented, and have the skills and determination to bring a new business to life.
We offer the opportunity to work in a start-up environment, backed by the resources of Fidelity. You will grow your skills in an environment where you can do your best work and, most importantly, have impact at scale.
You will contribute to the project success by providing high quality analysis for a Fidelity Labs incubator, documenting business requirements, developing system requirements and/or process solutions to address business, technology and customer needs.
The Expertise We’re Looking For
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree (BA/MBA preferred)
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in an agile environment on business analysis, creating requirements documents, building relationships with partners and vendors, and working with engineers to review test plans and test cases
- Ability to produce clear and concise business requirements, business process documents and support documentation using a flexible and adaptable approach, emphasizing creative/ innovative strategies
- Experience working on projects requiring statistical analysis, explanatory and predictive modeling and data mining.
- Experience with Lean Startup, Design Thinking, and Agile Methodologies and tools (Jira)
The Skills You Bring
- Collaborate with stakeholders and technical resources to create user stories and translate those stories into features that can be built by the development team
- Strong analytical and research skills. Skilled at translating business requirements to technical specifications to derive insights and solutions
- Create workflow diagrams to visually represent business processes
- Identify problems in terms of business requirements and recommend modifications to the functional solution which could impact the system design
- Participate in design sessions to translate customer needs into business requirements and anticipate use cases and user stories
- Support the testing process in order to ensure business needs are met
- Leverage state of the art analytical tools and technology to proactively analyze data sets to support business decisions and optimize the operating environment.
- Provide insights to better understand trends in customer behavior and to provide recommendations to improve operational efficiencies.
- Develop a general documentation management process and guidelines for the team
- You have strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to influence and motivate others
- Critical thinking with excellent judgement and initiative
- Diversity of functional business experiences (e.g. client, operational, systems, marketing, investments, customer service) ideally in a start-up, early stage venture, or consulting environment
- Financial Services experience or experience in an industry that is complex, multi-channel and/or regulated; regardless of background, a passion for finance and investing a must
The Value You Deliver
- A passion for products and for technology that cross the spectrum of desktop, web, mobile and more.
- A love of solving complex problems; comfort with not always knowing the answer, but knowing how to engage in a process to figure it out
- Ability to analyze complex information and data, using the latest data analytics tools, and translate learnings and insights into actionable learnings for the rest of the team
- Self-starter with strong work ethic who thrives in a fast-paced environment and can set pace in a large organization
- Ability to thrive in teams; highly inclusive and collaborative
- Comfort working in an undefined process or action
- Relationship management with a skill at developing and maintaining strong relationships both inside and outside the organization
- Ability to keep long term in mind while navigating the short-term
The Fidelity Center for Applied Technology (FCAT) supports the entire Fidelity business with a mission to catalyze innovation for Fidelity and its clients. We are a group within FCAT that is leading efforts on exploring blockchain technologies to disrupt business models, and provide new opportunities with new products and services—this team was the launching pad for the recently announced?Fidelity Digital Asset Services?(FDAS). We have a multi-disciplinary team of software engineers, researchers, designers, product managers, and security and compliance experts. We’re growing our team to accelerate development of a new business opportunity that we’ve identified.
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associate for their unique perspectives and experiences. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.