Blockchain Technology Instructor
|Published||March 24, 2023|
|Location||Los Angeles, CA|
Blockchain Technology Instructor Apply now to Blockchain Technology Instructor
- UNEX-DIGITAL TECHNOLOGY / Continuing Education / UCLA
Position overview Position title: Instructor
Salary range: Online Instruction: $2,725 per course/quarterly
Open date: March 20, 2023
Next review date: Friday, Jun 30, 2023 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Apply by this date to ensure full consideration by the committee.
Final date: Friday, Jun 30, 2023 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
UCLA Extension is considered one of the top institutions of its kind, offering to more than 35,000 students per year approximately 4,500 classes and non-degree certificate programs to meet the professional development, continuing education and personal enrichment needs of the full spectrum of nontraditional students as well as companies and organizations throughout and beyond the Los Angeles region.
Course / Program Description
The Department of Engineering and Technology offers a wide variety of certificate programs and courses including post-baccalaureate credit-bearing (400-level) and continuing education (CEU) credit courses. Course disciplines span engineering and technical management subject areas. UCLA Extension courses and certificate programs offer students the opportunity to learn from highly qualified practitioners who hold advanced degrees and are passionate about teaching and can impart knowledge within their field of expertise.
Blockchain Technology Management instructor to teach fully online on a quarterly basis and ongoing. We are looking for professionals who can convey their industry experience and knowledge to our students using actual work examples and applications of topics covered in the courses. Industry experience is preferred.
Several job openings are available in the Blockchain Technology Management program. Qualified applicants possessing current knowledge and teaching experience in the following topic area(s) are encouraged to apply:
• Fundamentals of Blockchain Management
• Blockchain Solutions, Governance, and Collaboration
• Digital Transformation: Blockchain, IoT, AI and Trusted Data
• Blockchain Technology Adoption and Implementation
• Cryptocurrency and Blockchain Business and Applications
• Develop and/or update existing course syllabus in consultation with the UCLA Extension Program Director as assigned using approved syllabus template
• Prepare course materials and learning assessments in Canvas, or update existing ones
• Communicate and teach the course objectives and the specific learning outcomes to students.
• Hold online office hours via Zoom for students to optionally participate to cover course related topics and Q/A
• Weekly and preferably daily interaction with students’ discussion posts on Canvas to promote high engagement and collaboration in the online course for an optimum learning experience.
• Review students’ progress through the course and assign timely grading
• Respond to student questions and learning needs in a timely manner
General Employment Information
Employment as a UCLA Extension Instructor is dictated by contract terms and conditions. Please take the time to read the UCLA Extension Instructor Employment Policies (https://instructor.uclaextension.edu/employment-policies/) .
For information on UCLA Extension instructor benefits, please visit Pay, Benefits, & Privileges (https://instructor.uclaextension.edu/pay-benefits-and-privileges/) .
Access, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (AEDI) is one of UCLA Extension’s guiding principles. We strive to extend access to UCLA, our programs, and services to underrepresented communities and populations, while serving as a model organization for AEDI in the field of continuing higher education. Committed to attracting and retaining diverse staff & instructors, UCLA Extension welcomes your experiences, perspectives, and unique identity. Please visit our website dedicated to our AEDI efforts as an organization: Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion @ UNEX (https://www.uclaextension.edu/about/equity-diversity-inclusion) .
Instructor Resources: instructor.uclaextension.edu/
Basic qualifications (required at time of application)
• Passion in teaching, subject matter expertise, and committed to course related development and maintenance.
• MBA, MA or MS and a minimum of 5 years of relevant industry experience OR Bachelor's Degree and 10 years of relevant industry experience.
• Professionals who are up to date with the latest tools, technologies, and innovations in the industry.
• Professionals who hold key positions within their industries
• College-level or higher teaching experience (preferred)
• Experience designing curriculum on Canvas (or similar) and measuring student performance (preferred)
Curriculum Vitae / Resume - Your most recently updated Curriculum Vitae / Resume.
No references will conducted for this recruitment.
Apply link: recruit.apo.ucla.edu/JPF08290
Help contact: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
As a condition of employment, you will be required to comply with the University of California Policy on Vaccination Programs – With Updated Interim Amendments. All Covered Individuals under the policy must provide proof of receiving the COVID-19 Vaccine Primary Series or, if applicable, submit a request for Exception (based on Medical Exemption, Disability, Religious Objection, and/or Deferral based on pregnancy or recent COVID-19 diagnosis and/or treatment) no later than the applicable deadline. All Covered Individuals must also provide proof of receiving the most recent CDC-recommended COVID-19 booster or properly decline such booster no later than the applicable deadline. New University of California employees should refer to Exhibit 2, Section II.C. of the SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Vaccination Program Attachment for applicable deadlines. All Covered Individuals must also provide proof of being Up-To-Date on seasonal influenza vaccination or properly decline such vaccination no later than the applicable deadline. Please refer to the Seasonal Influenza Vaccination Program Attachment. (Capitalized terms in this paragraph are defined in the policy.) Federal, state, or local public health directives may impose additional requirements.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy, see: UC Nondiscrimination & Affirmative Action Policy.
Los Angeles, CA