|Published||January 12, 2023|
EY is the only professional services firm with a separate financial services organization (FSO) business unit that is dedicated to the financial services marketplace. Our FSO teams have been at the forefront of events that have reshaped and redefined the financial services industry, as the pace of technological change continues to rapidly increase. If you have a passion for rallying together to solve the most complex challenges in the financial services industry, come join our dynamic FSO team!
FSO Technology Risk – Digital Assets Risk & Controls (DARC) – Manager
It is an exciting time to join EY's risk team. We are expanding our Digital Assets team and are looking for individuals interested in helping our clients to manage the technology risks of the digital world. These clients are looking to EY to help navigate challenges posed by entering into the digital asset market, including regulatory and legal landscape uncertainty, a rapidly changing competitive environment and continuously evolving technology with environmental, ethical, stability and security concerns. Our clients are crypto native firms, traditional financial services firms offering/using digital assets services or DeFi organizations. Each one of them engage us to help them meet compliance / regulatory needs, as well as, to solve their strategic and most challenging needs in the digital era. If you have blockchain experience and is interested in learning risk management, we can help. If you have experience with digital asset risk management even better. It is important that you are interested in this space, love a culture of collaboration and have the curiosity to stay on top of this evolving corner of the financial services industry. If that is you, send us your resume and let's chat.
The FSO Technology Risk team enables clients to create, assess, monitor, and maintain their end-to-end technology risk and control environment.
Your key responsibilities
- Develop Risk policies/strategies to understand and mitigate fraud on the digital assets/platform
- Understand impact of risk policy on ecosystem (trade-off between loss/risk mitigation and positive customer experience)
- Responsible for monitoring performance of portfolio and individual projects implemented
- Establish effective cross-functional relationships with clients, direct team members, cross-services line teams, Marketing, and Business Development to build and operationalize robust risk solutions to address emerging business issues
Skills and attributes for success
- A bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, Technology, Engineering or a related field
- 5+ years in a role dealing with fraud risk policies in Fintech, eCommerce, or financial services or related services
- Ability to be a subject matter resource and provide insights into one or more of the following:
- Risk governance (including risk operating model, risk policy, appetite or culture) related to digital assets/blockchain; Design or operation of elements of the risk management life cycle (including risk identification and profiling, risk assessment and measurement, risk metrics and monitoring or risk measurement) related to digital assets/blockchain
- Architect of blockchain solutions, design and development of digital assets product, build and development of digital assets strategies
- Deep understanding of risk management as it relates to digital assets and emerging blockchain technology
- in multiple fraud areas: investigations, chargebacks, identity theft, account takeover, ACH Rejects, and wire fraud
- Experience with risk/data analytics, tools, and concepts such as SQL, Python, Risk Rule Engines, Risk Modeling, and Identity Verification
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment with a strong level of initiative
- Strong organizational skills and excellent follow-through
- Ability to learn new technology tools quickly and
- Ability and willingness to travel as needed
Ideally, you'll also have
- Crypto/Blockchain experience
- Customer Service / Call Center experience
- Advanced Excel skills, and the ability to write and execute SQL/Python
- Fluency in a second language such as (Mandarin, Spanish, or Korean
- CPA, CA, CISA, CISSP, CISM, CBCP, CIA or CFE is required within 1 year from the date of hire
- 4 years of experience working in financial services for a public accounting firm, professional services firm or financial services company, or comparable experience as an advisor to a financial services company
What we look for
We're interested in leaders with a genuine creative vision and the confidence to make it happen. You can expect plenty of autonomy in this role, so you'll also need the ability to take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve our current relationships and processes. If you're serious about auditing and ready to take on some of our clients' most complex issues, this role is for you.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you'll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You'll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You'll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We'll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We'll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You'll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.