Blockchain Software Engineer
|Published||March 24, 2023|
Are you a talented and hard-working professional who aspires to shape next generation of solutions within Web 3.0 and distributed ledger technologies?
SAIC is seeking a Blockchain Software Engineer to work within our Office of Chief Technology Officer (OCTO) to develop demonstrable proof of concept solutions for a pre-defined set of use cases. This position not only assists in product/solution development, but also provides advisory/SETA support to our customers and customer groups in implementing blockchain solutions. While software development activities can be performed remotely, due to its critical nature in helping shape next generation solutions and investments, this position is a hybrid position and expected to work out of our offices in Reston, VA or Chantilly, VA for one-two days a week.
The Blockchain Software Engineer is part of a team of high-performing DevSecOps teams within OCTO, whose focus is on delivering modern cloud, DevSecOps, DataOps, and MLOps solutions to its customers in Federal Civilian, DoD, and National Security Sectors.
- Leads key blockchain initiatives, including end to end designing and deploying of blockchain products and solutions
- Effectively communicate between developers, managers, and end users
- Create a repository/library of blockchain engineering capabilities
- Experiment with cloud native, open-source tools and advise on new tools in order to determine optimal solution given the requirements dictated by the use case
- Develop and implement design patterns to leverage cloud-computing resources to deploy/ optimize blockchain solutions
- Develop and implement DevOps in AWS, Azure, and GCP to enable near-real time delivery of data analytics to end consumers
- Use advanced programming skills in Solidity, Go Lang, Java, Node.JS, or any of the major languages to build software solutions/services, including robust DApps, UX, and Solidity Smart Contracts
- Write complex Smart Contracts to automate the processes in the workflow in a decentralized environment
- Develop frameworks, standards & reference material for design and associated products
- Act as a mentor to junior team members to provide technical advice, apply systems and products to consult and advise on additional efforts across multiple domains spanning broader product development
- Collaborate with cloud engineering and data science teams to transform data and integrate algorithms and models into highly available, production systems