|Published||September 22, 2022|
|Location||Las Vegas, NV|
Who is Fortress?
Fortress Blockchain Technologies is a fintech company building the foundation for our digital futures. The company spans traditional markets and banking, neo-banking, blockchain technologies, cryptocurrency, nfts, and metaverses through a suite of services and REST APIs. With our products and APIs, clients can build their platforms with a backend to service everything they would need to modernize with our burgeoning digital economy.
We are looking for a Blockchain Operations Specialist who will process and monitor daily transactions, including wire and crypto transfers. In this role, you will monitor issues and appropriate escalations within the Fortress' teams. You will resolve client inquiries and issues on a timely basis and as accurately as possible through collaboration with the Fortress team. You will be a conduit between our trust and financial obligations and be the backbone for cryptocurrency trades. This is a key role that will help craft how our blockchain operations work. Expect to be writing the playbook on reconciliation of accounts, trade reviews, exception handling, talking to partners, balancing liquidity, running manual trades and more. Be a leader of blockchain operations that is massively growing. Expect to be the go-to for handling all of the unique exceptions that may come through daily operations, where you will be the problem solver identifying what may be broken, why it is, and how we fix it. The best candidate will come from a cryptocurrency background and already have experience in a similar context.
Provide specialized operational support to clients using the company's products. Perform daily funds and position reconciliations. Provide comprehensive service for our internal/external clients. Gather end-of-day reports. Monitor user balances and system reconciliation of the exchange. Process and monitor all daily transactions, including wire and crypto transfers. Monitor issues and appropriate escalations within the Fortress' teams. Resolve client inquiries and issues on a timely basis and as accurately as possible through effective collaboration between the company's teams. Collaborate and coordinate with other teams and departments to act upon operational related requests. Contribute towards continuous improvements of daily operational procedures. Develop and maintain robust internal controls, reconciliations & reporting procedures. Support regulatory and financial examinations/requests.
Desired Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or higher, preferred.
- Proven knowledge and experience in the Cryptocurrency landscape.
- Ability to switch priorities quickly in a fast-paced environment.
- Transparent and direct communication style with sound judgment and respect.
- Comfortability with learning and using new software tools.
- Demonstrated understanding of various forms of risk, including market, operational, legal, and regulatory aspects.
- Proven track record of identifying, solving, and preventing compliance related issues.
- Demonstrated success in reviewing customer data with emphasis on risk evaluation.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in financial services.
- Knowledge of financial trading platforms.
- Team focused mindset, eager to collaborate with others to solve problems.
- Excellent communication skills both inside the organization, as well as externally with clients.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
Job Type: Full-time Work Location: One location in Las Vegas (Downtown Summerlin) or Austin, TX