|January 20, 2024
|New York, NY
Block Chain, Full Stack Developer - Vice President
Department: Software Engineering
iCapital is powering the world's alternative investment marketplace. Our financial technology platform has transformed how advisors, wealth management firms, asset managers, and banks evaluate and recommend bespoke public and private market strategies for their high-net-worth clients. iCapital services approximately $170 billion in global client assets invested in 1,392 funds, as of October 2023.
iCapital has been named to the Forbes Fintech 50 for six consecutive years (2018 - 202 3 ); a three-time selection by Forbes to its list of Best Startup Employers (2021-2023); and a t hree -time winner of MMI/Barron's Solutions Provider award (See link below).
About the Role
iCapital's Distributed Ledger Technology team is looking to hire a Senior Blockchain, Full Stack Engineer to develop an industry-wide distributed ledger solution for the alternative investment ecosystem to facilitate access to private markets investments for advisors and their high-net-worth clients using innovative technology solutions. This individual should understand complex business problems, scope projects, identify business opportunities, optimize workflows, and communicate their findings across all levels of the organization. This role is highly visible and involves working closely with other teams in Engineering, Product, senior leadership, and industry partners.
- Design and implement a private and permissioned distributed ledger using DAML/Canton and other open source blockchain frameworks.
- Build and maintain a RESTful API using Python and FastAPI.
- Build and maintain reusable UI components in React using Typescript.
- Provide technical leadership to motivate and guide team members andmentor junior engineers.
- Be an active participant in daily stand-up meetings and in Peer Code Reviews as part of our standard SDLC and Change.
- Stay current with the latest developments in blockchain technology and incorporate them into our ecosystem.
- 8+ years software engineering experiencebuildingenterprise SaaS cloud-based solutions
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with modern JS frameworks, preferably React
- 2+ years of technical leadership and management experience
- Experience with DAML, Solidity, or other blockchain programing languages
- Experience with Python and FastAPI
- Demonstrated understanding of relational database concepts and modeling practices
- Experience building APIs for large scale applications using AWS
- Experience with tokenization and blockchain-based investments
- Familiar with security best practices and encryption techniques
- Basic knowledge of finance and business (e.g., capital markets, alternative investments)
- Excellent writing, communication, and presentation skills
- Exceptional ability to understand client needs, scope projects, develop detail-oriented execution plans, and communicate results
- An entrepreneurial hunger to own problems from start-to-finish, manage projects, overcome operational bottlenecks, and execute effectively
The base salary range for this role is $160,000 to $210,000. iCapital offers a compensation package which includes salary, equity for all full-time employees, and an annual performance bonus. Employees also receive a comprehensive benefits package that includes an employer matched retirement plan, generously subsidized healthcare with 100% employer paid dental, vision, telemedicine, and virtual mental health counseling, parental leave, and unlimited paid time off (PTO).
We believe the best ideas and innovation happen when we are together. We offer most employees the flexibility to work in the office three or four days. Every department has different needs , and some positions will be designated in-office jobs, based on their function.
For additional information on iCapital, please visit www.icapitalnetwork.com/about-us Twitter: @icapitalnetwork | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/icapital-network-inc | Awards Disclaimer: www.icapitalnetwork.com/about-us/recognition/
iCapital is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.