|January 26, 2024
About the job Blockchain Engineer
Join an innovative team at the forefront of revolutionizing the global blockchain landscape. Our client is committed to developing an adaptive Proof-of-Work blockchain network that ensures swift, secure, and cost-efficient participation in the global economy. Our groundbreaking approach combines merged mining and sharing technologies, pushing the boundaries of blockchain scalability.
As a valued member of their growing team, you will play a pivotal role in shaping a revolutionary blockchain protocol poised to become the cornerstone of the digital economy. The organization embraces core values centered on transparency, decentralization, and security. Champions the fundamental principles of blockchain, emphasizing reduced central authority and equal opportunities for all, transcending geographical and socioeconomic constraints. By weaving these principles into every facet of their operations, they aim to provide an unparalleled platform for the future of commerce. They are interested in you if you think you would thrive in a dynamic, self-driven environment, working with cutting-edge Web3 technology.
We are actively seeking experienced blockchain protocol engineers who possess a deep understanding of the current challenges limiting blockchain scalability, including speed, security, and decentralization. Our mission is to defy the FLP impossibility theorem and enable distributed consensus constrained only by the physical infrastructure of the internet. We expect our candidates to work independently, craft solutions for intricate architectures, and confidently handle high-pressure scenarios, all while aligning with the organization's priorities.
Specific requirements include:
- Proficiency in coding in multiple programming languages ideally Golang (not required if other qualifications are met and you're open to learning Go).
- Proven experience working with L1 clients such as Geth, Decred, or Storj or similar blockchain experience.
- Understanding of cryptographic principles, including ECC and hash functions is extremely important.
- Strong grasp of statistics and combinatorial mathematics.
- Familiarity with open-source workflows.
- Contributions to open-source projects.
Desired skills include:
- A graduate degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Theoretical Physics, or a related discipline.
- Advanced theoretical and practical understanding of blockchain technology beyond basic Solidity and smart contracts.
- Authorship of novel peer-reviewed papers in the fields of distributed computing, information science, and consensus mechanisms.
- A dynamic problem-solving approach supported by strong theoretical knowledge.
- Moreover, we highly value candidates who have made substantial contributions to the field of distributed computing, information science, and consensus mechanisms. This could be demonstrated through authorship of novel peer-reviewed papers or other verifiable contributions to these fields.
Please note experience in Solidity & smart contracts is valuable, candidates who are limited in blockchain experience to these areas may not align with our current requirements. We're seeking team members ready to tackle innovative solutions and complex challenges in the blockchain space.
This position may include equity, token warrants, and competitive compensation ($120,000-$175,000). This role does require working in an office or hybrid from the downtown Austin office. This role is unable to be fully remote.