|March 25, 2023
|New York, NY
Blockchain (Web 3.0) Engineer
Full Stack Blockchain Engineer
NYC or Remote
GETTR is one of the fastest-growing social media technology platforms. As a fast-paced start-up, we embody the essence of an entrepreneurial spirit, which means every member of the organization plays an integral role in the development and evolution of the organization. Join us as we work towards a better tomorrow, together.
As a Full Stack Blockchain Engineer at GETTR, you will be joining the core Engineering team to design, build, and maintain a robust, enterprise level, performance and secure applications on distributed, decentralized platforms. The design of our smart contracts, the scalability of our node infrastructure, the secure management of keys and seed phrases, and the seamless integration of the blockchain based backend into the front-end user experience is key to the success of this rewards program. The blockchain engineering team will be the owner of our end-to-end Web3 infrastructure, all API integrations into the core app, and a full suite of blockchain security systems.
Challenges You Will Solve
- Evaluate various blockchain technologies, vendor products, and solutions to improve our web3 systems.
- Responsible for gathering requirements, providing analysis, alternatives, and recommendations
- Research, strategize and educate on methodology and best practices for Blockchain design, implementation, and deployment.
- Optimize the blockchain infrastructure performance, including speed and scalability.
- Implement rigorous and thorough testing practices to ensure the security and performance goals of blockchain infrastructure.
- Analyze, assess and respond to various blockchain threats.
- Interact with the cyber security team regarding blockchain vulnerabilities and threats.
- Design and implement blockchain supporting tools and utilities (e.g., CLI client, tools for exploring the blockchain, monitoring, benchmarking or debugging tools)
- Implement rigorous and thorough monitoring and testing practices to ensure the security and performance goals of blockchain infrastructure
- Design and verify cryptographic protocols deployed in the Blockchain
- Instate monitoring protocols and fail-over measures.
- Collaborate with Development teams to develop integration design and where appropriate prepare estimates on design and development services for integration initiatives
- 3+ years' experience in building and deploying large scale block chain applications.
- 3+ years in experience in developing large-scale server applications.
- 3+ years in coding experience in C, C++, Java and or C#.
- 1+ year in coding experience in solidity or similar.
- Understanding and hands-on experience with one or more popular blockchain platforms (Quorum, Bitcoin, Ethereum, HyperLedger, ZCash, Ripple, AliPay)
- Experienced in pen testing, security logging, forensics, APT
- Experienced in blockchain transactions/events/log analysis with Splunk or Elastic Search
- Experience in Smart Contract Auditing Tools like Oyente, Security, Smartcheck, Sabre, Manticore, Echidna, Mythril.
- Able to quickly understand the needs of the business side and communicate relevant blockchain based solutions to non-technical leadership.
- Demonstrated experience in the area of complex, multi-disciplinary, and geographically dispersed development.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and organizational skills.
- Extensive experience in software development and related infrastructure projects in a rapidly changing environment
- Able to tolerate ambiguity, and demonstrate problem leadership, creativity and innovation.
- Able to work independently and collaboratively.
- 401(k) with 4% employer match
- Paid holidays and generous paid time off
- Free nationwide insurance coverage includes medical, dental and vision
- Employees pay % contribution if they choose to upgrade their plan and/or add their spouse and children
- Parental leave
- Lunch provided and ordered fresh daily!
We Believe in Equal Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.