|Published||March 24, 2023|
|Location||New York, NY|
21.co is the world's leader in providing access to crypto through simple and easy to use products. 21.co is the parent company of 21Shares and Amun, and its mission is to build bridges into the crypto world.
21Shares is the world's largest issuer of cryptocurrency exchange traded products (ETPs) and is powered by Onyx, a proprietary technology platform used to issue and operate cryptocurrency ETPs for 21Shares and third parties. 21Shares mission is to make crypto easy.
Amun is a blockchain infrastructure company focused on making purchasing crypto more accessible by offering a suite of tools for passive strategies across major DeFi platforms. Amun's mission is to simplify your crypto journey.
The company was founded in 2018 by Hany Rashwan and Ophelia Snyder and is a global organization, with offices in Zurich and New York. Cathie Wood, Chief Executive Officer & Chief Investment Officer of ARK Invest is a board member.
We are seeking a highly motivated and skilled Blockchain Engineer to join our team and help us design, develop, and implement blockchain-based solutions. As a Blockchain Engineer, you will be responsible for developing smart contracts, designing and implementing blockchain protocols, and collaborating with cross-functional teams. The project will be cutting edge and unique to the crypto industry with exposure to the DeFi space. There will be massive opportunities to learn new technologies and skillsets, as well as the chance to develop, test, and maintain code for our mission-critical products.
Our culture is all about diversity, communication, collaboration and education.
Responsibilities and Scope:
- Design, develop and implement blockchain solutions and smart contracts.
- Writing and delivering quality code.
- Interpret product requirements and provide engineering estimates.
- Create and maintain documentation for all blockchain-related processes, procedures, and guidelines.
- Conduct code reviews and ensure code quality and security.
- Troubleshoot and debug blockchain-based applications and systems.
- Work with stakeholders to identify opportunities to leverage blockchain technology to improve business processes.
- Research and stay up-to-date with the latest trends, technologies, and best practices in blockchain technology.
What You Will Need To Be Great In This Role:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
- A professional understanding of the Ethereum Virtual Machine and its Yellow Paper
- Fluency in Solidity, Typescript, and NodeJS
- Experience with web3 related libraries and API design
- A high level understanding of common cryptographic and smart contract related vulnerabilities
- Excellent problem-solving and debugging skills and/or experience with reverse engineering
- Proficiency with Git
- Must be passionate about working with a growing team in an office environment
- Great written communication skills
- Efficiency in Rust, a plus
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and meet tight deadlines
- EVM Blockchain networks
- Hardhat and Foundry
- AWS infrastructure
- Experience with decentralized finance (DeFi) protocols and applications.
- Contributions to open-source blockchain projects.
- Experience with Solana is a plus.
This role is based in New York City and will be expected to work from our New York office in a hybrid model Monday - Wednesday.
(NYC only) Pursuant to Section 8-102 of title 8 of the New York City administrative code, the base salary range for this role is $170,000.00 - $190,000.00. Total compensation packages are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, years & depth of experience, certifications and specific office location. This may differ in other locations due to cost of labor considerations.