|Date Posted||July 21, 2021|
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
This job posting is for a blockchain developer. You will be working on a hybrid public/permissioned blockchain in the security token / digital asset security space. More information can be provided to interested and experienced candidates.
Blockchain / Cryptocurreny Startup
It is expected that candidates can demonstrate senior software engineering experience, including at least 2 years recent experience on blockchain projects.Candidates with only academic blockchain experience will be considered, but knowledge of technologies and provable working code is essential. You will be working on a hybrid public/permissioned blockchain in the security token / digital asset security space. More information can be provided to interested and experienced candidates.
It is expected that you have done at least one of the following:
- Worked in a substantial capacity on a blockchain project at the protocol level where your code has been shipped to a public (or widely used private) network.
- Worked on more than one distributed application where you have designed, developed and delivered non-trivial smart contracts and supporting application layer systems.
- Have worked on (non blockchain) distributed systems at an expert level and have developed an understanding of blockchain with some shipped blockchain code.
In addition, you must have:
- Smart contract design, development and prototyping experience (including in Solidity)
- Excellent understanding of blockchain fundamentals
- Worked on blockchain projects for at least 2 years
- Senior engineering experience (7+ years) in a related field
Preferably, you also have:
- Shipped or worked on open source public blockchain networks
- Experience working in more than one smart contract language
Additional nice to haves:
- Experience with Substrate or Polkadot
- Experience on projects that use hybrid permissioned/public blockchain networks
- FinTech experience (not necessarily blockchain)
- Experience deploying, managing and using blockchain nodes (blockchain ops)
- Experience of cross-chain considerations (e.g. bridging, pegging, locking techniques)
- Familiarity with Node.JS, Go or other contemporary server-side frameworks and languages
- Familiarity (or better) with Rust
- Bonus (7% - 10% depending on seniority of role), stock and token options
- 32 days PTO
- 401k Plan
- Health/vision/dental family plans w/ employee contribution
- Fully-loaded MacBook Pro
- Work from home - core hours 11-2 ET with flexibility