Blockchain & Digital Assets Senior
|Published||January 26, 2023|
|Location||Des Moines, IA|
We are expanding Deloitte's Audit & Assurance Blockchain & Digital Assets practice. We are seeking professionals who want to build off their existing audit knowledge or accounting experience and use such knowledge on exciting audit and advisory projects that add great value to our clients within their finance, accounting, and operation departments. From digital asset technical accounting issues to new standard implementations; from complex transaction support to internal controls specific to blockchain and digital assets, the leaders of our practice will help you expand your experience base to further develop your career. At Deloitte, we provide services using an approach designed to provide the flexibility to serve the unique circumstances and complexities of our clients. You'll gain exposure to a variety of industries, business models and financial accounting areas, helping your career growth and professional development.
Work You'll Do:
As a Blockchain & Digital Assets senior, you will interact with clients directly. Not only will you work independently, but you'll also collaborate with a diverse group of talented professionals and use our cutting-edge technology. Other responsibilities will include:
* Provide excellent timely client service, deliver high quality work and strengthen client relationships
* Assist teams in providing a Financial Statement Audit
* Assist teams in providing Internal Controls Specific to Blockchain & Digital Assets services:
* Design processes and governance models
* Identify new risks and controls
* Perform testing of the control framework
* Evaluate blockchain reliability
* Assist teams in providing Audit Readiness for Blockchain & Digital Asset Transactions
* Provide audit readiness training
* Evaluate a company's existing accounting policies, internal controls, resources, reporting frameworks and technology
* Provide audit assistance services
* Prepare financial statements and disclosures
* Assist teams in providing IPO Readiness and SEC Reporting services (e.g. Form S-1)
* Evaluate relevant tasks including IPO project plan
* Assess complex US GAAP, IFRS, and SEC reporting requirements
* Identify requirements, perform controls gap assessment, and design controls
* Assist with preparation of filings, financial information, and disclosures
* Support Special Purpose Acquisition Company (SPAC) transactions
* Assist teams in providing Accounting Advisory Services for Digital Asset Transactions
* Research accounting treatment for digital asset transactions
* Draft relevant crypto-asset and blockchain disclosures including non-GAAP considerations
* Advise on the use of non-GAAP measures, metrics, and other key performance indicators
* Provide insights on proposed, existing, and new rules
* Discuss complex accounting matters with a company's auditors
* Advise on complex accounting matters involving regulators
* Support growth efforts through pursuits, market research, and maintain network of peers
Our audits are fueled by more than just technology - what really sets us apart are our insightful professionals, collaborative culture, and commitment to innovation and continuous improvement. Our audit professionals apply a streamlined, intelligent approach to the audit, enabled by innovative tools and technologies. Quality is our top priority, and by focusing on innovation, we continue to raise the bar on quality and deliver greater value to our clients. Learn more about Deloitte Audit.
* Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field or equivalent years of relevant experience.
* 3+ years of public accounting or equivalent experience
* Ability to think creatively, problem solve, and work independently
* Detail oriented, organized, flexible and able to adapt to change
* Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment
* Effective written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to work effectively in a virtual environment
* Ability to travel up to 50%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve
* Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
* Up-to-date technical knowledge of US GAAP accounting standards
* Ability to perform research and desire to expand your technical accounting expertise
* Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, especially Excel
* Good presentation skills
* Prior experience in financial reporting and SEC requirements
* Prior experience with SOX and internal controls
* Actively working towards Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
* You may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Deloitte, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $82,600 to $153,400.
You may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte & Touche LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 120883