Blockchain & Digital Assets Manager
|Published||March 6, 2023|
|Location||New Carrollton, MD|
We are expanding Deloitte's Audit & Assurance Blockchain & Digital Assets practice. We are seeking professionals who want to build off their existing audit knowledge or accounting experience and use such knowledge on exciting audit and advisory projects that add great value to our clients within their finance, accounting, and operation departments. From digital asset technical accounting issues to new standard implementations; from complex transaction support to internal controls specific to blockchain and digital assets, the leaders of our practice will help you expand your experience base to further develop your career. At Deloitte, we provide services using an approach designed to provide the flexibility to serve the unique circumstances and complexities of our clients. You'll gain exposure to a variety of industries, business models and financial accounting areas, helping your career growth and professional development.
Work You'll Do:
As a Blockchain & Digital Assets manager, you will oversee day-to-day operations of engagement teams. You will work closely with the team to tackle accounting and other issues while using our cutting-edge technology. You will leverage your various skillsets to be an agile leader within our practice. Other responsibilities will include:
* Identify, prepare and participate in proposals for new clients and projects
* Stay connected to market trends to think through future innovative solutions
* Guide the integration of overseas resources to drive efficient execution
* Develop, maintain, and leverage internal contacts across Deloitte functions
* Be a trusted advisor to public and private clients to assist with accounting, financial reporting, and internal control matters
* Strengthen client relationships and generate additional engagement opportunities through excellent quality, timely execution, and a strategic approach to service delivery
* Supervise, coach, and mentor all levels of staff and senior. Conduct performance reviews and contribute to performance feedback and training. Develop and communicate workplace culture and code of conduct.
* Lead teams in providing a Financial Statement Audit
* Lead teams in providing Internal Controls Specific to Blockchain & Digital Assets services:
* Design processes and governance models
* Identify new risks and controls
* Perform testing of the control framework
* Evaluate blockchain reliability
* Lead teams in providing Audit Readiness for Blockchain & Digital Asset Transactions
* Provide audit readiness training
* Evaluate a company's existing accounting policies, internal controls, resources, reporting frameworks and technology
* Provide audit assistance services
* Prepare financial statements and disclosures
* Lead teams in providing IPO Readiness and SEC Reporting services (e.g. Form S-1)
* Evaluate relevant tasks including IPO project plan
* Assess complex US GAAP, IFRS, and SEC reporting requirements
* Identify requirements, perform controls gap assessment, and design controls
* Assist with preparation of filings, financial information, and disclosures
* Support Special Purpose Acquisition Company (SPAC) transactions
* Lead teams in providing Accounting Advisory Services for Digital Asset Transactions
* Research accounting treatment for digital asset transactions
* Draft relevant crypto-asset and blockchain disclosures including non-GAAP considerations
* Advise on the use of non-GAAP measures, metrics, and other key performance indicators
* Provide insights on proposed, existing, and new rules
* Discuss complex accounting matters with a company's auditors
* Advise on complex accounting matters involving regulators
* Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field or equivalent years of relevant experience
* 5+ years of public accounting or equivalent experience
* 2+ years of experience managing and supervising teams
* Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
* Ability to think creatively, problem solve, and motivate teams
* Detail oriented, organized, flexible and able to adapt to change
* Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Strong presentation skills and ability to explain complex issues clearly and succinctly
* Ability to work effectively in a virtual environment
* Ability to travel up to 50%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve
* Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
* Strong up-to-date technical knowledge of US GAAP accounting standards
* Experience with researching and clearly documenting accounting issues and applicable accounting standards
* Ability to read complex documents, synthesize, and summarize important facts
* Proven experience managing client relationships
* Desire to teach and provide on-the-job training
* Good project and time management skills
* Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, especially Excel
* Experience in financial reporting and SEC requirements
* Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and other international accounting standards
* Ability to build a presence in the marketplace, network, and build relationships, such as maintaining relationships with college alumni
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Deloitte, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $109,200 to $202,800.
You may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our clients' most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
Deloitte's purpose is to make an impact that matters for our clients, our people, and in our communities. We are creating trust and confidence in a more equitable society. At Deloitte, purpose is synonymous with how we work every day. It defines who we are. We are focusing our collective efforts to advance sustainability, equity, and trust that come to life through our core commitments. Learn more about Deloitte's purpose, commitments, and impact.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte & Touche LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 120897