|Published||November 25, 2022|
|Location||East Hanover, NJ|
Marcum LLP offers a great career with exceptional benefits.
There's a lot to think about when it comes to launching your accounting career. At Marcum, we offer you a world of opportunity, a highly competitive salary, exceptional benefits, flexible work options, and industry-leading technology, all within an environment that values your contributions and supports your professional growth.
At Marcum, eligible associates receive a benefits package that includes health, dental, and vision insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and transit benefits, as well as paid time off, a 401(k) plan with an employer contribution, and a profit sharing plan.
Marcum Technology has one of the largest Blockchain and Digital Assets Advisory groups in the country and they are looking for a full time Blockchain & Digital Asset Analyst to join their team and work in their Southern Florida offices. Junior through Senior level candidates will be considered. Travel is required.
Marcum Technology is proud to be at the forefront of this emerging industry, providing blockchain & digital asset services to both domestic and international clients, from start-ups to mature businesses, providing expertise and solutions to enable digital asset and distributed ledger technology companies, to ensure their audit, accounting, reporting, and tax compliance requirements are met. We continue to expand our practice fueled by new client acquisitions and growth of our existing client businesses - growth is limitless!
The Blockchain & Digital Asset Analyst must have:
* Familiarity with popular digital currency platforms including digital assets, blockchains, exchanges, custodians, wallets, lending platforms, etc and the desire to continue to learn by conducting research on complex topics.
* At least 1 year of audit/digital forensics experience, or 1 year of a role related to blockchain/digital assets/asset custody, as a developer or an analyst.
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance, Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field. Certified Bitcoin Professional (CBP), Certified Ethereum Professional (CEP) or similar certifications is a plus.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
* Maintaining an up to date understanding of the digital asset and blockchain technology industry in order to assess trends and their impacts to clients
* Performing complex reconciliations related to digital asset holdings, cost basis reconstructions, realized/unrealized gains/losses on digital asset holdings.
* Assisting in gaining an understanding of and documenting client digital currency systems, including but not limited to, node setup, wallet structures, key generation and general system understanding
* Researching digital asset and blockchain information as it relates to our clients
* Conducting research, consulting with team members, drawing conclusions and preparing memos based on target issues related to blockchain and digital asset
* Participating in blockchain/digital asset specific projects
* Communicating with Managers and Partners on work status and client issues that arise
* Master's degree in Accounting/Finance, Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
* CPA, Certified Bitcoin Professional (CBP), Certified Ethereum Professional (CEP) or similar certifications
* Hands on experience using digital asset Exchanges, DeFi Products, Custodians block explorers and various hot & cold wallets
* Software Experience - CCH ProSystem, Microsoft Office 365, Advanced Excel, Python, Solidity
Marcum LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Marcum LLP does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, national origin, color, religion, gender, gender identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other protected classification under the law.
Are you a search or recruiting firm interested in becoming a preferred recruitment agency? Click here to learn more.