Blockchain Developer *US Citizenship Required*
|Published||January 30, 2023|
Blockchain Developer *US Citizenship Required*
CGI Federal is looking for a blockchain developer who will be responsible for designing, implementing, and supporting distributed blockchain-based applications. Your primary responsibility will be analyzing requirements, designing blockchain technology around a certain business model, and the building and launching the blockchain network. The ideal candidate should have solid understanding of the federal data market, customer adoption of digital data, deep expertise with distributed ledger technologies and a desire to drive change through data alignment across the enterprise and promote sharing, reuse, ROI to reduce overall cost and improve information flow. The role requires the candidate to be a hands-on full stack developer with experience in all phases of the SDLC.
Your future duties and responsibilities
As a key member of CGI Federal's Team, you shall be responsible for the following:
• Research, design, develop, and test blockchain technologies
• Demystifying Blockchain technology by offering blockchain workshops and events
• Understanding of secure technologies for security and scalability for transactions, which includes Blockchain technologies like Ethereum and Hyperledger
• Deep understanding of blockchain technologies such as Ethereum, Hyper Ledger, Tendermint, other blockchain technologies and various consensus protocols
• In-depth understanding of blockchain architectures and a clear understanding of how various blockchain platforms differ
• Experienced in AWS Cloud platform and its features that includes EC2, Cloudwatch, AWS Config of Load Balancers, Network and Auto scaling for subdomains in AWS VPC
• Experience in all phases of SDLC i.e. requirement gathering, design, development and implementation
• Works with Solution Architects, domain experts, and other project team members to develop consensual software design to ensure the proposed solution meets both client and end user needs
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Thorough understanding of blockchain principles
• Strong software development background
• Proficiency in one of the following languages: Go, Java, NodeJS
• Blockchain/Distributed Ledger technology hands on experience: Tendermint, Ethereum, Hyperldeger fabric, Hedera, Corda, etc.
• Knowledge of blockchain concepts such as consensus protocols; validation algorithms, digital signatures, large-scale distributed systems; applied cryptography
• Hands on experience of implementing Smart Contract applications
• 5+ years of hands-on development experience
As a Federal Contractor, all members of CGI Federal, regardless of role or work location are required to be fully vaccinated effective January 18th 2022 under the current policy, and be willing to provide proof of status, with the exception of those with approved medical or religious accommodations.
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients' digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today - one of the world's largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI - where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.