Blockchain Attorney – Omaha, NE
|Published||March 24, 2023|
The Goosmann Law Firm seeks a Blockchain Attorney for the Omaha, Nebraska location to join its high growth firm and deliver quality, timely legal advice.
We Promote YOU! Our In-house Marketing & Business Development Team Work to Support Your Practice and the Firm.
- We invest heavily in our attorneys, widely marketing them and their practice area. Our marketing team works from a strategic plan that helps you gain clients and land prospects. We invest in your practice area and where your passion lies by supporting activities and organizations that allow you to thrive in your industry. We provide the tools you need to spark more connections and allow you to do what you do best - being a lawyer!
What Attorneys Can Expect Working at Goosmann Law:
- Work & Family Balance
- At Goosmann we believe in life, family, then business. We want our employees to enjoy their lives, careers, and spending time with loved ones. What matters to our employees matters to us.
- We Help You Reach Your Goals
- We want to know what your goals are so we can help you meet them! Our team at Goosmann supports the growth and development of our attorneys from new ideas, innovative tactics, strategic business ideas, expanding practices, and working together to best serve our clients. We work together, learn together, and grow together. Each attorney gets the opportunity to work alongside our partners and practice leaders, acquiring knowledge and learning what it takes to grow a practice. When you join Goosmann, you have the support from our entire team so you can focus on meeting your goals.
We offer a comprehensive wage and benefit package:
- Competitive starting salary + Incentive Bonuses + Origination Bonuses
- Annual CLE budget
- Bar dues and professional memberships
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Technology & Equipment - Laptop & Office Furniture
- Direct Deposit
- 401(k) after 90 days
- 3% Safe Harbor contribution to your 401 (k) after 1 year
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Group Life and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Ancillary options - Aflac
- Flex Spending Accounts - Medical and Dependent Care
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free Parking
- PTO plan
- Employee Wellness Program
- Family friendly flexible working environment with remote working access
- Training & advancement opportunities
- Fun and positive work environment that is professional and welcoming
- Business Casual Dress Code
- Team oriented culture of excellence and fun
Blockchain services offered include:
- Organizational strategy
- Entity formation
- State and Federal compliance
- Represent clients in matters related to blockchain and cryptocurrency technology.
- Provide counsel to digital exchanges, digital funds, trust companies and blockchain entrepreneurs who need help complying with new laws and regulations impacting the evolving world of cryptocurrency.
- Supervise paralegals, staff, and team members as your role progresses.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent critical thinking, analytical, reasoning, debate, persuasion techniques and negotiation skills.
- Ability to communicate complex matters concisely and effectively in oral and written form.
- Excellent interpersonal and client service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong research, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Work collaboratively as part of a team.
- Good leadership skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
Required Education and Experience:
- Juris Doctor from an accredited law school.
- Active member in good standing of the Bar or currently eligible to become licensed, to practice law in Nebraska, or South Dakota or Iowa.
- 5-7 years of relevant experience with a strong interest in Blockchain technology.
- Strong work ethic, drive, keen attention to detail, and the ability to work effectively in a small team environment.
- Position commensurate with experience. (Minimum of 5 years of specific drafting and client advising in Blockchain).
- Experienced attorneys with more than 7-year experience in blockchain and cryptocurrency legal advising are encouraged to connect.
- Academic and professional credentials.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at a time.
About Goosmann Law Firm
At Goosmann Law Firm, we are legal for people who lead. We are the largest woman-owned law firm in the Midwest for trailblazers leading the way in America. We serve Business Leaders, CEOs, Business Owners, and Entrepreneurs, Industry Leaders & In-House Counsel, People Planning Their Legacy, and People who have been Wronged.
We value culture, quality, positivity, productivity, and growth. We prioritize our team, families, community, business, and clients. We celebrate teamwork and collaboration, working as a team and winning as a team. At Goosmann we have a Strengths-Based approach focusing on each other's strengths to create the strongest teams for our clients. Our team is over 50% women and encourages women to lead and succeed. We offer a fast-paced, positive, goal driven, productive culture that encourages and rewards productivity, excellence, teamwork, a giving mindset, integrity, and professionalism. At Goosmann we leverage strengths, technology, marketing, training, and coaching to help lead our team to success.
Qualified applicants should send resume and cover letter to Barbara Caskey at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. All inquiries will remain confidential.
Goosmann Law Firm is an equal opportunity employer.