|Published||January 22, 2023|
Blockchain & Digital Assets - Tax Implementation Senior
Do you have a passion for cryptocurrency and digital assets? Do you like to be hands-on with technology? As corporations use digital assets such as Bitcoin and blockchain technology in increasingly disruptive and creative ways, they face a range of new cryptocurrency tax implications. We need entrepreneurial and passionate professionals to lead technology solution implementations in supporting companies achieve their tax objectives.
What You'll Do
As a professional in Deloitte's Tax Technology Consulting (TTC) team, you will be a part of a team that provides an integrated approach to Blockchain technology implementations helping tax departments maximize the strategic value to their organization. Client engagement to include NFT platforms, Metaverse, virtual gaming, exchanges, and corporates engaged with crypto and smart contracts.
* Client Management: Manage the day-to-day interactions with executive clients and sponsors
* Delivery: Design, implement and deploy end-to-end solutions for clients using private and public blockchains
* Solutions: Identify, design, and implement blockchain technology and innovative solutions to address tax needs
* Technology: Leverage the usage of cloud computing, micro-services, and integration standards in the blockchain implementation
* Cross Functional Teaming: Understand and articulate the broader TMC practice and Deloitte overall. Maintain relationships and serve clients holistically
* People Development: Perform role of counselor and coach; participate in the staffing process and retention activities
* Business Development: Develop and maintain contacts, organize, and lead pursuit teams; contribute to business development
Deloitte's Tax Technology Consulting (TTC) group helps our clients' tax departments improve their operations by developing new technology-enabled, cutting-edge methods and processes. Deloitte TMC professionals are aligned across our global network of member firms to address our clients' objectives in a seamless fashion. Deloitte TTC teams include industry, tax, organizational change, technology, and co-sourcing specialists who help connect our clients' global strategies and the options that exist to turn theory into an executable plan. Learn more about Deloitte Tax Technology Consulting.
Deloitte's Crypto practice is leading the industry in applying its tax experience across many digital asset types and spanning the entire ecosystem. From token and protocol issuers, to exchanges and miners, to crypto funds and even enterprise solutions, we've served clients in this space for over a decade. We support clients with unique tax consideration on digital assets in legal entity structuring, tax accounting methods, revenue recognition, cross border transactions, state apportionment, sourcing, fund structures and character analysis. With hundreds of clients in this space, we provide the full cycle of services, from formation, funding, and operations, to growth and exit.
* 5+ years technology consulting experience
* Bachelor's degree in accounting, computer science, or related field
* Experience with a Big 4 firm, large Blockchain/consulting organization, or a large corporate tax department of a multinational company
* Experience in blockchain and digital assets system implementation
* Experience with tax technology applications (e.g. OneSource, Vertex, Avalara, Sovos /Taxware, Oracle Enterprise Business Tax)
* Experience in corporate, multistate, indirect, value-added, or transaction tax compliance
* Knowledge of Digital Assets, Smart Contract Oracles, Inter-operability, private/permissioned and decentralized blockchains and sustainability
* Expertise with various blockchain platforms, specifically nuances between permissioned vs. decentralized chains
* Experience in delivering cloud-native architectures and solutions (e.g. AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, Oracle, Coinbase Cloud, Hyperledger)
* Understanding of how to layer blockchain network with cloud application and client UI through API streams
* Experience working directly with clients
* Ability to travel 30-50% , on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve
* One of the following accreditations:
* Licensed CPA in assigned office state, if CPA eligible
* Enrolled Agent
* Six Sigma
* Other relevant technology certification
* Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
* Experience working in a fast-paced, team environment
* Ability to work both independently and as part of a team with professionals
* Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills including presentation skills using MS Visio and MS PowerPoint
* Flexibility/adaptability - comfortable working with ambiguity and continually evolving priorities
For individuals assigned and/or hired to work in New York City, Deloitte is required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. This compensation range is specific to New York City and takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. At Deloitte, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $96,600 to $179,400.
You may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Tax LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, where applicable. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 99737