|Location||New York, NY|
|Date Posted||June 15, 2021|
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
Exciting opportunity to join an innovative financial services start-up as an Associate General Counsel.
Financial services client with broker-dealer subsidiaries and blockchain trading platform.
Reporting directly to the General Counsel, the Counsel will be responsible for providing legal support to the client's broker-dealer arms and blockchain trading platform. This role will be fast-paced and require an all-hands on deck attitude. Main responsibilities will include:
- Handling corporate governance, capital raising, securities trading, regulatory (Volcker Rule) and crypto and blockchain matters for the client
- Provide legal and strategic business advice to help develop a comprehensive, long-term approach to the commercial aspects of our products and programs
- Draft, review and negotiate a wide range of contracts
- Willingness and ability to manage numerous deals, meet tight deadlines, and work extended hours when necessary to complete project
- Assist with other legal matters as necessary
- JD from top US Law School with excellent academic credentials
- Admission to NY State Bar
- 5-10 years of experience gained at a top law firm and/or combination of in-house dealing with financial services legal matters, including: securities, securities regulatory, corporate governance, M&A, blockchain, and trading matters
- Experience with the legal issues arising from blockchain applications preferred
- Project management experience required
- Experience leading contract negotiations
- Experience advising clients on and managing deals on deadlines with minimal supervision
- Experience building relationships and collaborating with business teams and other members of the legal team
- Join a dynamic, cutting edge and innovative client
- Opportunity to grow with the company
- Competitive base salary with bonus and equity component