|Date Posted||June 12, 2020|
POSITION LOCATION: ARECIBO, PUERTO RICO
Lead the implementation of a new cloud based data management platform at the Arecibo Observatory (AO). The program manager will be tasked with leading the project and being the primary interface between the Observatory and the third party supplier. This includes developing and managing all aspects of the project, including supporting personnel, developing project plans, and managing technical risks associated with the implementation.
- Develop and implement data management and infrastructure improvement projects.
- Lead the effort in planning and implementing a cloud-based data storage facility for all telescope data.
- Implement a data migration strategy for obsolete storage media.
- Manage data flows from the telescope to the online storage and on-site archiving system.
- Create detailed business cases and cost plans.
- Works within an international team and provide clear leadership and direction to its members, including integrating with and providing oversight of development deliverables owned by 3rd party resources.
- Manage projects to deliver against agreed scope, on time and within budget.
- Develop processes for identifying and cataloging existing new data, their analytics processes, programs, dashboards, etc.
- Manage demand portfolio (current & future initiatives) and govern end-to-end solution architecture, solution delivery and the associated support framework across the domain-specific application ecosystem across internal and/or cloud platforms.
- Evaluate and make necessary changes to system specifications and components to ensure the application configuration, and underlying infrastructure, meet accepted standards.
- Plan for and ensure appropriate processes are in place for high availability and recoverability of systems and data to enable uninterrupted and continued business operations.
- Lead business process area collaboration and engagement with other AO teams to deliver application projects with a high level of quality and functionality that meets the business user's requirements.
- Manage post deployment transition and support procedures to ensure smooth transition of business capabilities to users.
- Contribute to the ongoing maintenance of and ensure adherence to all IT Governance policies, processes and standards. This includes compliance with accepted IT best practices, audit requirements and reporting standards.
- Ensure appropriate levels of security are applied and maintained for physical and logical access to the business-critical applications in accordance with approved policies.
- Manage and deploy internal & external subject matter expert expertise to design, build and deploy business capabilities/projects.
- Work with appropriate business and IT teams to ensure the appropriate support, documentation and training are identified and provided to all users in a timely and efficient manner.
- Communicate critical decisions, priorities and relevant project information to stakeholders inside and outside of IT; share knowledge openly to stimulate collaboration and to identify key dependencies.
- Other duties as assigned.
About Arecibo Observatory:
The Arecibo Observatory, located near the town of Arecibo, Puerto Rico, is a world-class observational facility allowing for cutting-edge space research and education. The observatory hosts one of the world’s largest and most powerful single-dish radio/radar telescopes, and gathers information about planets, moons, asteroids and comets. The Arecibo Observatory is currently operated and managed by University of Central Florida in partnership with Sistema Ana G. Mendez Universidad Metropolitana (UMET) and Yang Enterprises, Inc under a cooperative agreement with the National Science Foundation (NSF). To learn more about the Arecibo Observatory, visit www.naic.edu/ao/.