|Date Posted||December 26, 2020|
Presidio is looking for a detail oriented individual with strong technical skills and experience who can work in a fast paced solution provider setting that requires a great deal of interaction among associates and executives. The ideal candidate must be a people person who can work in groups on various projects. The individual must also have leadership qualities with strong verbal and written communication skills to collaborate effectively with a diverse group of people. S/He must know the important elements in time management and prioritization in order to manage to multiple deadlines, have a great sense of detail while also be able to see the “big picture” and be able to multi-task and take initiative when needed.
This individual will be hands on as well as oversee an engineering team with the delivery of projects, ensuring engineers are technically prepared; services are completed fully and efficiently, and have met or exceeded client expectations. They need to manage the implementation of enterprise networking projects, which encompass LAN, WAN, campus, and data center infrastructure. They need to strive toward improving technical capability and delivery execution. This position of Architect will report to the Secure Networks Practice Director. This position is based in the Raleigh-Durham, NC area.
- Develop technical architecture on behalf of Presidio around Secure Networks Practice solutions utilizing strategic vendor technologies. Refining deployment architectures presented by the Solutions Architecture Group.
- Stay current with technology trends, customer use cases, and market demand to recommend, modify and implement relevant solutions to align with customer business goals.
- Identify professional services opportunities and partner with Presidio account teams to deliver solutions.
- Ensure compliance of company policies, procedures, and objectives regarding processes, initiatives, and projects.
- Manage teams time and expenses, scheduling and project assignments, and technical development
- Represent the Secure Networks Practice by providing technical leadership to both presales and post-sales engineers
- Lead engineer on customer project engagements including design, implementation, testing, and support for new deployments, expansions, environment refresh and upgrades. This includes troubleshooting customer’s data network environments.
- Work with the engineering team to successfully implement secure network solutions that includes WAN, LAN, public cloud interconnect, and network security configurations and deployment in medium to very large environments
- Assist customers through planning, design and implementation of their secure data environment
- Create technical deliverables including network assessments, capacity planning, detailed design documents, test plans, implementation plans, configurations, and change orders.
- Lead technical discussions to understand business requirements and translate them into functional specifications
- Develop comprehensive graphical and text-based design documentation and effectively manage the implementation process from design to customer acceptance
- Provides peer reviews of implementations, configurations, and documentation for team members.
- Assists and mentor other team members and/or customers with deployment or best practices.
- Obtain vendor-related certifications to enhance professional development and partner fulfillments with our strategic vendors.
Strong technical knowledge and experience with design, implementation and support of the following:
- Complex routing, switching and ISP environments (Cisco is a must, Arista preferred)
- Cisco Routers – ISR / ASR IOSXE
- Campus Switches – Cisco Catalyst, Meraki
- Data Center Switching – Cisco NXOS, Arista EOS preferred
- Firewalls (Palo Alto strongly preferred, Cisco ASA/Meraki optional)
- Load balancing/Acceleration solutions (F5 LTM, Infoblox DDI)
- QoS understanding and configuration
- EVPN design, configuration and troubleshooting (MP-BGP, VRF)
- Routing protocols – OSPF, EIGRP, BGP
- WAN deployment / architecture – traditional and SD-WAN (Meraki and/or VeloCloud preferred)
- Thorough understanding of most Enterprise IPV4 protocols
- Strong familiarity with cloud networking (AWS: VPC, Transit Gateway, Direct Connect, ELB/ALB, Route 53, Cloudfront ).
- Multicast PIM Sparse/Dense, MSDP
- Familiar with network automation tooling and concepts (large scale NMS experience). Any of the following preferred: Cisco DNA Center, Arista CloudVision, Infoblox NetMRI
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience and/or military experience
- 8-+ years of relevant job experience including configuring, analyzing & troubleshooting complex enterprise networks
- Professional Services background – Customer facing / Technical Lead experience preferred
- Industry certifications
- CCIE and/or CCDE (preferred)
- Two or more of the following:
- CCNP – R/S Required
- CCNP – Security or Wireless
- PAN PCSNE (8.x or later)
- Other (JNCIS, VCP, F5, AWS Advanced Networking)
- Must be highly knowledgeable in IP Networking, enterprise architecture, VPN, Routers, Switches, Load Balancers, Firewalls and other security network appliances
- Expert understand performance testing methodologies and evaluation techniques
Our Core Values:
At Presidio, our core values define our culture. They are our guiding principles and our fundamental beliefs. We are always looking for top talent that can embody the values listed below.
We foster a collaborative, respectful work environment that brings together our diverse talents and extends to our customer relationships. We believe that when everyone is working together, success follows.
We are passionate, practical, responsive and relentless in delivering the right solutions to our customers and partners.
We are experienced professionals who work to the highest standards of ethics and honesty.
We are visionary in our approach, constantly looking ahead to anticipate what’s next. We strive to be leaders in everything we do.
Presidio is committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at the highest levels and has strengthened its drive to build and drive systemic DE&I change process across all levels of the organization.
Cultivating a culture of inclusion where the expression of all our differences are valued, celebrated, and add to our collective achievements.
Presidio is a leading North American IT solutions provider focused on Digital Infrastructure, Cloud and Security solutions to create agile, secure infrastructure platforms for its customers. We deliver this technology expertise through a full life cycle model of professional, managed, and support services including strategy, consulting, implementation and design. By taking the time to deeply understand how our clients define success, we help them harness technology advances, simplify IT complexity and optimize their environments today while enabling future applications, user experiences, and revenue models. As of June 30, 2019, we serve approximately 7,900 middle-market, large, and government organizations across a diverse range of industries. Approximately 2,900 Presidio professionals, including more than 1,600 technical engineers, are based in 60+ offices across the United States in a unique, local delivery model combined with the national scale of a $3.0 billion dollar industry leader. We are passionate about driving results for our clients and delivering the highest quality of service in the industry. For more information visit: www.presidio.com.
Our Digital Infrastructure solutions help make existing IT infrastructure more efficient, while equipping our clients for a cloud-flexible, mobile-ready, highly secured, insight-driven future. Given the millions of potential configurations across these technologies, our clients rely on our expertise to simplify a highly complex IT landscape, helping to identify and deploy the solutions most appropriate for their business needs. Our Digital Infrastructure solutions scale from workgroup to the largest enterprise requirements.
We help our clients take cloud strategy and adoption to the next level. Through our advanced cloud solutions practice, combined with Presidio’s IT infrastructure expertise, we provide private, hybrid, and multi cloud solutions. By closely aligning our services and solutions with our strategic partners Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, Intel and VMware Presidio offers cloud strategy, architecture and implementation services along with application rationalization and migration across the hybrid and multi-cloud data center environment. In addition, our new and innovative Presidio Cloud Concierge solution provides a foundation for Automation and Self-Services across Clouds to improve productivity and drive increased levels of governance and security.
Rather than a “one size fits all” approach, or having to choose between public or private, Presidio tailors a hybrid cloud strategy to meet your unique business requirements. We help our clients accelerate and simplify cloud adoption across the entire IT lifecycle.
Our comprehensive security risk methodology gives customers the ability to safeguard their environments and critical business data. This includes continuous threat protection and risk mitigation through the Presidio Cyber Risk Management program, a next generation approach that integrates security strategy, assessments, architecture and remediation, and aligns all of these with organizational goals.
Presidio Cyber Risk Management provides clients with a holistic approach for effective security policies and procedures, risk assessment and management, regulatory compliance, incident response, and education and awareness. We use an established risk management methodology and proprietary risk scoring process to provide the IT leader and board of directors with an ongoing view of their organization’s risk exposure and remediation path.
Emerging technologies such as IoT, blockchain and artificial intelligence continue to disrupt current business models, and customers are faced with the task of transforming their organizations to achieve desired outcomes. Increased demand for operational efficiencies, better customer experience and improving safety and security has taken priority. This accelerated rate of change is prompting businesses to align their processes, applications and infrastructure to new consumption and service-based models. For our customers, it means enabling a seamless exchange of data within complex ecosystems to help advance digital transformation.
At Presidio Emerging Technologies, we provide solutions for safety and security, mobile and wireless communications, data collection and analytics using purpose-built, ruggedized hardware and software. Presidio offers validated solutions for Industrial Insights, Connected Transportation, Smart Cities, and Safer Schools.
Presidio is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer / VEVRAA Federal Contractor. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for this position regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, ethnicity, veteran status, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identification or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state and local statutes, regulations and ordinances.
To read more about discrimination protections under Federal Law, please visit: https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf (Get Acrobat Reader)
If you have any difficulty using our online system and need an accommodation in the job application process due to a disability, please send an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] for assistance.
Presidio is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referrals of protected veterans for its openings. State Employment Services, please provide priority referrals to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE NOTE:
Agencies Please Note: Agencies may not submit any unsolicited candidate information to any employee of Presidio. Any candidate information received by any employee of Presidio will be considered property of Presidio, unless the submitting agency is an Authorized Vendor who has received a written request to perform recruiting services from a member of Presidio’s Talent Acquisition staff. No other Presidio staff member shall be authorized to engage an agency to perform recruiting services. Authorized Vendors have entered into written contracts with Presidio that have been reviewed and executed by the Vice President of Talent Acquisition. Payments will not be made to any agency who is not an Authorized Vendor (nor will they be made to any agency for performing unauthorized services).