|Location||San Francisco, CA|
|Date Posted||January 26, 2019|
Company is the leading infrastructure provider in crypto. After trading over $3.5 billion in cryptocurrency assets and completing over $750 million in bank-to-bank FX payments, we have an established network of relationships with leading banks, exchanges, and decentralized partners. Using Company’s API, customers are able to instantly convert fiat to crypto globally in over 50 countries, in 8 different fiat currencies, and 3 cryptocurrencies. We focus on compliance, licensing, regulatory, liquidity and payment processing aspects so our partners can do what they do best, creating amazing tools on the blockchain.
Company is looking for a highly motivated, versatile, and experienced VP of Global Compliance who will help grow the global regulatory and AML/BSA program. Your core mission will be to promote a culture of compliance awareness by enhancing global AML/KYC controls and processes, building and managing an enthusiastic global compliance team, be a critical key decision maker in a rapidly growing product and services, and staying in the forefront of all new regulations which are prudent to Company's business lines.
This role reports directly to the Chief Operating Officer and requires the ability manage and execute on a strategic direction.
- Lead and grow the Global Compliance Team
- Implement compliance program regarding OFAC/BSA/USA PATRIOT Act obligations and state money transmitter requirements in the US, and ML and Terrorist Financing analogs in Europe, North America, and Asia
- Serve as the lead to all regulatory inquiries, including state, federal, and international. Understand evolving regulatory landscape and requirements for FinCEN, SEC, OCC, CFTC, FCA and others
- Become a dedicated resource to our business and product, with a focus on driving regulatory strategy and engagement
- Oversee the management of all compliance issues, including regulatory compliance, consumer compliance, transaction monitoring, quality control, continuing education/tracking and data privacy
- Lead risk assessments and implement compliance monitoring and testing program.
- Prepare and present regulatory reports, annual compliance testing and remediation reports to senior management and the Board of Directors as appropriate
- Manage the engagement of third party firms, performing any policies and procedural reviews and audits Evaluate risk-mitigation vendor capabilities including establishing vendor solution performance objectives
- Develop and lead employee training sessions on internal compliance policies and regulatory compliance issues. Conduct enterprise-wide monitoring and testing program covering identified compliance risks.
What we’re looking for:
- 10+ years of comprehensive regulatory compliance experience
- Proven ability to lead, prioritize commitments, independently problem-solve, and manage with a team
- Strong understanding (and love) of blockchain and cryptocurrency regulation on a global scale
- Bachelor’s degree, with a law degree preferred
- Knowledge and experience in retail payments (including credit/debit cards, international remittances and mobile payments), data/privacy (GDPR), and financial services consumer protection and fraud regulations
- Background in implementing and developing global AML/KYC/KYB/CIP, fraud, payments, and banking operations compliance programs
- Effective verbal and written communications skills with the ability to communicate with staff at all levels of the organization as well as with external partners and regulators
- Get a true stake in the company
- Health, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- Fully paid 18-week parental leave
- Wellness and commuter benefits
- Free lunches delivered to the office
- Computer setup of your choice
- Dog-friendly office
- 24/7 snacks and beverages
- Unlimited paid time off to relax and recharge
- Flexible work hours
- 401(k) plan with corporate matching
- Opportunity to work in a growing startup
- Option to take pay in digital currencies