|Date Posted||April 13, 2019|
The Vice President, Digital Transformation Architect is a leadership position in the Enterprise Architecture group with co-ownership for defining COMPANY 's future state vision for the digital experience provided by COMPANY to agents, brokers and insureds. This role influences roadmap development of digital transformation and solutions, creation and execution against that roadmap to achieve the vision for Digital at COMPANY. The Roadmap will be built in collaboration with Domain Architects, Solution Architects, Data Architects and Cloud Architects, to ensure it reflects synergies and dependencies with core technology trends and priorities (e.g. Cloud migration, Information Security and Infrastructure), as well as clearly articulates synergies and dependencies across the business units. The role will create an initial set of reference implementations to be used to be leverage by development teams.
The position is ultimately responsible for creating a scalable, modular, loosely coupled architecture for the digital transformation from legacy to cloud. This leader will advise cross-functional teams in the implementation of a phased approach to moving COMPANY's legacy systems to cloud graduating from near-term 'quick wins ' to full 'self-service ' over time. This position involves working with other architects and IT function in solidifying target IT application rationalization strategy. This position is also a thought-leadership role demanding being current with the digital technologies and it's implication on COMPANY while balancing emergent architecture and incremental architecture in a scaled agile enterprise architecture organization.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Performs a combination of duties in accordance with departmental guidelines:
- Defines the enterprise digital transformation roadmap and phased approach for its execution in order to transform the experience of agents, brokers and insureds to drive enterprise growth, customer retention and increased revenues and profits.
- Ensures the architecture for digital transformation journey stays loosely coupled, modular, scalable and extensible.
- Make recommendations for tools and technologies to accelerate the COMPANY's digital transformation journey.
- Act as principal designer for corporate systems ' architecture including application, data, and infrastructure architectures.
- Responsible for defining and documenting conceptual architecture; capture and document non-functional (architectural) requirements; and define technical requirements for proposals (RFPs).
- Provide integrated systems planning and recommend new or different technologies which will enhance current systems and support overall corporate and business goals.
- Research and evaluate new and/or alternative solutions and technologies to enhance operational effectiveness, reduce costs and/or system risks and increase speed to market
- Provide technical consultation to business partners and IT management to ensure. development of efficient application systems utilizing established standards, procedures and methodologies.
- Proactively monitor strategic direction of vendors/software products, technology and market trends, and determine potential impact and value to the enterprise.
- Lead and facilitate other Enterprise Architecture Functions, including Technology Awareness Days, Technology Trend Research, etc.
- Guides the team that drives implementation of strategic and operational digital objectives with significant impact on the short-term and long-term success of the experience of interacting with COMPANY systems by agents, brokers and insureds.
- Works with other IT functions and business units in helping to strategically rationalize applications in accordance with the target IT application rationalization strategy.
May perform additional duties as assigned.
Chief Enterprise Architect
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Practical skill, knowledge and experience in architecting and/or co-leading digital transformation journey in current or past organization with expertise in digital decoupling architecture
- Hands-on knowledge of the below technologies is required: - Java, Spring Boot, Angular.js, Node.js, Vue.js, React.js, , AWS and/or GCP- Docker, Kubernotes.
- Expert knowledge of design and implementation of enterprise workflow systems, distributed architecture, intranet/internet architecture, and communication architectures.
- A senior level knowledge of the system development life cycle, and system and application program development technological alternatives and architecture methodologies for multi-platform environments.
- Must be competent to work at the highest technical level of all phases of system architecture design using state of the art rules-based architecture, object oriented component analysis and development and proficiency in web-based systems architecture, service-based architecture and enterprise application architecture. Strong knowledge of contemporary technology and business trends that allows architecture to solve problems in a creative and cost effective manner.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal and consultative skills to work effectively with vendors, clients, peers, and IT management and staff.
- Must be able to clearly communicate complex technical and business concepts both to business partners and team members.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Working knowledge of systems architectural concepts and frameworks like TOGAF preferred.
- Proven ability to collaboratively and passionately foster a digital transformation culture.
- Demonstrated consulting skills, with change management concepts and strategies, including communication, culture change and performance measurement system use.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor 's degree with Master 's degree preferred in quantitative or technology discipline (e.g. Computer Science or Information Systems), or related discipline or equivalent.
- Typically, a minimum of 12 years of work experience with increasing responsibilities in digital solutions or other innovation/mobility/digital role
- Leadership experience and background in the support of information systems and information technology, with at least seven years management experience
- Proven success in architecting or co-leading digital transformation journey in current or past organization
- Typically 9 years of solid, diverse work experience in IT including experience with systems architecture methodologies.
- 5 years of prior hands-on coding experience as full-stack engineer in their career. Candidates should also have design and architecture experience of at least 5 years in one or more of the aforementioned technologies, preferably in the context of large secure web applications with complex real-time integrations and diverse user bases.
- Experience creating strategies for digital solution maximization across diverse areas of business including implementation of digital strategies, processes and techniques.
- Senior level knowledge of finance or related industry, its products and services coupled with a deep understanding and appreciation for both business and technology components of data management in the that industry is preferred.
- Experience with Blockchain preferred.
- Applicable certifications preferred.