|Date Posted||December 19, 2018|
Marsh Digital Labs is the incubator arm of Marsh focused on experimenting in emerging technologies and developing innovative products, new business models, and strategic engagements with clients, carriers, and insurtech companies. Current technologies under development include Artificial intelligence/machine learning, blockchain and IoT. The Labs’ approach to experimentation is to leverage cloud-based platforms to build new capabilities, reusable components and test-and-learn tools. The Labs also include a machine learning garage to create next-generation risk models, intelligent automation, and cognitive capabilities. Marsh Digital Labs also drives a multi-faceted research program that works across the insurance industry ecosystem, academia and upcoming technology vendors to develop, identify and validate key components for the insurance industry of the future.
The Solution Architect and Technical Delivery Lead has overall responsibility for evaluating and defining the technical architecture, product design and build of a Labs project and then delivery and implementing the solution on time and on budget.
- Solution Architect and Technical Delivery Lead for multiple Labs projects with global scope.
- Understand, formulate and communicate the project's business concepts; map/scope out initial requirements and translate it into a single consistent vision for implementation.
- Understand perspectives from multiple viewpoints and translate business requirements into well-defined specifications for software developers. Produce functional designs and specifications as well as documentation to match solution design
- Ability to get hands-on with software development on an as-needed basis is a big plus.
- Previous experience with commercial delivery of products in emerging technologies such as AI and Blockchain is a big plus.
- Keep technical documents up-to-date over the course of the project.
- Act as primary point of contact w.r.t. project and liase with other professional services and cross-functional teams including Product Management, Architecture, Platforms and User Experience.
- Collaborate with multiple cross-functional teams to enable and drive parallel initiatives and keep it on schedule.
- Create project roadmaps, help secure resources, assist technical effort scoping and set priorities/lead assigned projects.
- Manage overall project schedule, track and monitor progress and deliverable milestones while proactively mitigating risks.
- Work with remote teams with effective communications and help mitigate geographic distance with clearly communicated goals.
- Own regular project communications to stakeholders and help assist with management reviews.
- Constantly strive to improve delivery process and improve efficiency.
- Master's degree or advanced technical degree
- 8-12+ years of experience with a proven track record of successfully delivering global and highly scalable customer-facing digital products and capabilities
- Previous hands-on experience developing digital products in a cloud-based environment with excellent software-engineering practices.
- Experience leading complex software product delivery in agile environments.
- Demonstrated track record of project delivery for multiple concurrent projects at various stages of incubation.
- Experience with professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development lifecycle to streamline business processes
- Exceptional knowledge of Project/Program Management principles and processes
- Excellent technical communication ability with peers and the engineers
- High level of independence in owning and driving projects
- Ability to influence cross functional teams including development teams
- Strong analytics skills to be able to manage complex problems using a number of techniques.
- Strong interest in keeping up to date with emerging technologies like AI, IoT, Blockchain, cloud etc.
- Prior experience with building basic Proofs-of-Concepts around various technologies.
- Self-driven with positive attitude who can independently come up with project ideas and concepts.
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world. To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration. Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.marsh.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MarshGlobal
Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.