|Location||San Jose, CA|
|Date Posted||June 12, 2019|
Technology Partnerships is an exciting position for a hands-on, results-oriented technology alliance development manager. The core mission will be to actively participate in development, execution and management of technology partnerships with start-ups that will accelerate Samsung SDSA's technology innovation across a range of market spaces including (but not limited to) Enterprise AI, Big Data and Cloud. The candidate must have a passion for technology and intellectual curiosity to identify the technological impact on various business units in SDSA. This position will work closely with team leaders and the office of the CTO in HQ/Korea to solidify partnerships with start-ups through strategic investment and to support deal sourcing, understand technology roadmaps, and help meet technology requirements of the business units.
- Develop and manage technology acquisition related partnerships with start-ups
- Network with venture capitalists, accelerators and start-ups to identify and engage with potential partners
- Proactively propose new technologies to business units and help them meet their technology partnership needs
- Draft partnership agreements with partners and negotiate commercial terms and conditions for such agreements
- Manage ongoing operations to ensure strong working relationships between business units and partners
- Deal sourcing for investment opportunities (both equity investment and acquisitions)
- 10+ years of experience in technology fields, with a substantial portion in partnership development, technology planning, or venture investment
- 6+ years of recent experience and deep knowledge of technologies including enterprise AI, data analytics, cloud computing, cyber security software, IoT, Blockchain, etc.
- Ability to understand technology and its strategic impact for Samsung SDS Business Units
- Must understand the Silicon Valley ecosystem and possess a strong professional network among entrepreneurs and investors
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Strong planning, project and organizational skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Knowledgeable about technology trends
- Ability to work independently and with teams
- Requires frequent and close communications with Samsung SDS HQ located in Korea. May require working outside normal working hours due to the time difference.
- Bi-lingual in English and Korean is preferred, but not required
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field plus an MBA is preferred