|Date Posted||April 2, 2019|
Company is the leading non-custodial digital asset platform, serving hundreds of thousands of customers across the world. Since 2014, Company has pioneered a new era of digital finance, earning a place as one of the most beloved and respected brands in a booming and volatile new industry. The company recently launched its new platform at beta.Company.com and is now leveraging its resources toward aggressive growth.
Led by industry veteran Erik Voorhees, the company is seeking out the best new team members to further scale the organization and maintain leadership while the phenomenon of decentralized digital finance expands around the globe. As part of this growing team, Company is looking to hire the role of Senior Vice President of Marketing.
Company seeks an experienced SVP of Marketing who will be responsible for developing and executing integrated marketing for Company. The SVP of Marketing, directly reporting into the CEO, will be a key member of the executive team, working across the organization to create and develop new and innovative marketing and branding to greatly enhance and build on Company’s profile as a leader in the blockchain industry.
This transformational marketing executive will define and execute a modern strategy to better align products and services with Company’s customers' needs. The SVP is primarily responsible for driving customer acquisition and user growth on Company’s platform. The ideal SVP would have previous experience working in a high-tech industry that required strong knowledge in customer segmentation. Additionally, the ability to quickly iterate and move the team into a new direction is imperative in this fast-paced industry. Beyond that, the SVP will lead the organization, processes, programs, and platforms needed to develop, manage and measure the customer experience; define and manage the Company brand, and maximize Company market penetration.
The SVP will work in partnership with the executive team to develop innovative marketing strategies designed to differentiate the firm from its competitors, attract new customers (B2C), and deliver a unified customer experience.
This is a full-time, exempt position, based in Denver, Colorado and reports to the Chief Executive Officer.
Your desire to make a real impact on an organization and the world grows by the day. The ideal candidate will be open to daily changes in workflow and protocol (and force us to improve workflows). As a start-up in an evolving space, there are new challenges that require new solutions every day.
GOALS OF POSITION
- Rapidly accelerate B2C customer acquisition on the Company.com platform
- Design and tailor marketing strategies to suit the specific requirements of the company’s B2C customers by developing and executing on transformative short-term and long-term marketing plans
- Reduce CAC by finding and exploiting Low Cost Acquisition Channels
- Develop and strengthen brand equity
- Further develop content marketing and distribution strategy to best position the company as a market leader
- Establish and ensure consistent representation of company's brand across all external channels
- Develop strategies for and oversee all corporate communications, including press/media, website, print/digital advertising and collateral materials, content marketing, SEO, e-mail and a growing presence in social media
- Undertake an audit of existing processes to find opportunities to improve the quality of customer acquisition channels as well as what data is being tracked and measured (KPI’s)
SUCCESS METRICS OF POSITION GOALS
- Hire, build-out, and manage the Marketing Team, building culture and teamwork toward company goals
- Achieve user acquisition and retention goals, providing data measurement of channel attribution
- Produce B2C strategic roadmap for major Epics and Features for key user growth initiatives
- Regularly provide written and verbal updates on progress, strategy, and projects to team, leadership, company, and the board
- Work closely with the Product Team and Customer Support Team toward a unified customer experience
- Build the leading brand in the crypto and digital asset industry
- Work cross-functionally with product, engineering, customer support, bizdev, legal, and the executive team to meet ambitious growth targets
- Strategic and day-to-day management of the company’s marketing efforts including demand generation, brand development, corporate positioning, community engagement, and competitive differentiation
- Develop and manage the marketing budget
- Develop detailed project plans and provide oversight of project scope and deliverables to ensure deadlines are consistently met
- Be a recognized leader in the industry through consistent, concise messaging distilled throughout all areas of the organization, and in all communications and materials
MARKETING AND OPERATIONAL MANAGEMENT
- Develop Customer Retention strategies
- Grow pipeline and customer funnel by creating, executing and leading the demand generation strategy across every stage of the user’s journey with clear goals, objectives, strategies, and tactics
- Manage various Marketing Channels - SEM, SEO, Affiliates, Email, Display, Social, Blogs, etc.
- Build out customer life-cycle and identify opportunities for growth and optimization
- Observe and measure user cohorts and ascertain trends among these groups
- Measure spend and ROI in all activities to ensure calculated growth
- Investigate and test new channels to communicate with our existing customers
- Discover and explore Lower cost and Free Traffic acquisition strategies
- Build a strong culture of accountability and high performance with a focus on user acquisition
- Set clear expectations with measurable goals; utilize performance metrics and analysis to improve individual and team performance
- Design and grow the marketing team
- Be willing to teach and lead team members, taking time to understand their own professional growth needs and helping them with proper constructive criticism and feedback
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- MBA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 15+ years of experience in the Marketing field, with at least three years in an SVP/VP role.
- 7+ years working in a rapid growth product marketing capacity
- Experience creating and managing B2C marketing plans, including a heavy emphasis on user acquisition via digital channels
- Strong experience in customer segmentation, competitive analysis, sales enablement and partner marketing
- Genuine interest in and curiosity about the crypto and blockchain industry
- Cross-functional training and experience in all aspects of Marketing, Branding and Communications/PR
PREFERRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Experience creating and managing loyalty gamification programs
- Experience working within the FinTech industry