|Date Posted||July 11, 2019|
The largest family-owned and privately-held 3rd party logistics (3PL) and supply chain Management Company with revenues of $900 Million and 80+ warehouses adding to 38 Million Sq Ft. needs at their HQ location. Excellent salary + Bonus + all benefits + Sign on Bonus for relo
Job Posting # 2171
Job Title: Supply Chain Solutions – Design Engineer Overnight Domestic Travel: Up to 25%
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Compensation: Annual Salary of $90k - $120K + Bonus (Target 10%)
Relocation: Client will consider a sign on Bonus if needed for relo assistance
Benefits: Full package for medical, dental insurance, 401K, Tuition reimbursement, etc
Company Info: Our client is the largest family-owned and privately-held 3rd party logistics (3PL) and supply chain Management Company in the US. The company is in business for 65+ years with 80+ managed warehouses comprising of 38 Million Sq Ft. The company has revenues of around $900 Million with 5K people nationwide. This position is at their HQ location with 250+ people.
This is a forward thinking strategic company, which is one of the first 3PL’s to join the Blockchain in Transport Alliance (BiTA) forum created for the development of blockchain standards and education in the Transportation industry
Group Info: This position is in their Supply Chain Solutions group with around 40 people headed by a SVP. This role reports to the Director of Supply Chain Solutions with around 12 people under him.
The Solutions Engineer is responsible for the design concept to construction ready for warehousing and transportation solutions.
This may range from basic, highly manual pallet in/out operations to complex omni-channel operations which may include automation solutions (i.e. conveyance, sortation and robotics).
A key function of this role is developing models, simulations and emulate processes and solutions to prove design assumption – while ensuring adequate project management.
· Design warehousing and transportation solutions from concept to construction ready for basic pallet in /pallet out highly manual operations to complex omni – channel operations which include automation solutions (i.e. conveyance, sortation, robotics, etc.) ensuring proper measures are taken to prove design assumptions.
1. Space planning and layout design with ability to extensively use CAD.
2. Process and value stream design and mapping; assess the effectiveness of processes currently in place.
3. Solid understand of financial aspects of business for all methods of pricing (i.e. management fee, unit rate, storage and handling, and alternative methods) and utilization (or creation) of pricing models to cost a solution.Nice to have
4. Partner with cross-functional teams (i.e. real estate, information technology, operations, transportation, human resources, accounting, etc.) to ensure Solutions are all-inclusive.
5. Liaison with vendors and/or contractors to define, bid, negotiate, storage and material handling equipment; partner with procurement as needed.
6. Analyze and interpret client data and perform information gathering onsite visits to customers (or perspective customers) with discretion and confidentiality. Familiar with MOST for determining production rate estimates within operations.
· Perform network optimization consulting and operations audits, including reviewing existing processes for effectiveness and develop ROIs, and recommended performance standards and metrics.
· Effectively manage diverse projects across various operational verticals and customer networks; frequently with tight deadlines with extreme accuracy.
· Present information to various audience, including but not limited to, internal leadership and external clients in a way that clearly articulates the proposal and commands their confidence.
· Communicates Effectively
· Action Oriented
· Manages Ambiguity
· Manages Complexity
· Tech Savvy