|Date Posted||March 3, 2019|
As a member of the corporate team, you’ll focus on enhancing the relationship with our clients as we provide outstanding business solution services. Within departments like Accounting & Finance, Human Resources, and Engineering, Conduent is actively staffing all teams with roles like Recovery Analyst, Client Services Specialist, and Senior Management Consultant. At Conduent, we give our employees the opportunity to further develop their career skills with the intention of growing them into leaders within the organization.
- Full Time
- Professional Development Opportunities
What will make you successful at Conduent?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Adaptable 9
- Detail-Oriented 9
- Multi-Tasker 8
- Strategic 10
- Expressive Presenter 6
- Conceptual 4
Traits are on a scale of 1 to 10
- Family Support
- Professional Development
Conduent is proud to offer comprehensive and competitive benefits that reflect the value of our employees. Benefits will differ by country, please contact your recruiter for details specific to your location.
Maintaining a work/life balance is the key to success.
Department learning opportunities and company-wide digital knowledge share.
Additional resources to support employees with families.
Conduent offers programs to help advance the careers of our employees.
Conduent is the world's largest provider of diversified business process services with leading capabilities in transaction processing, automation, analytics and constituent experience. We work with both government and commercial customers in assisting them to deliver quality services to the people they serve. We manage interactions with patients and the insured for a significant portion of the U.S. healthcare industry. We are the customer interface for large segments of the technology industry and the operational and processing partner of choice for public transportation systems around the world.
Whether it's digital payments, claims processing, benefit administration, automated tolling, customer care or distributed learning - Conduent manages and modernizes these interactions to create value for both our clients and their constituents. Learn more at www.conduent.com.
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Software Engineer II (Programming Languages)Who we areWe are a global enterprise with lines of business across multiple states and federal agencies in the United States. We are looking to implement our strategy of enabling our internal and external applications with a distributed ledger (a blockchain) to help deliver value to our customers.
About youYou love to work with type systems and have recently implemented a version of System F or have written an extraction tool for Coq/F*. Just so we complete the requirements list, you like programming in Haskell, OCaml or Scala and are comfortable in working in a fast-paced environment.
What we are looking forA strong background in type theory and implementing type systems in either OCaml or Haskell. We are setting up a center of excellence in providing block chain solutions to enterprises. We are looking for programming language experts to help us translate our requirements into verifiable smart contracts in a variety of target smart contract DSLs. At this point we think this requires Coq or F*, though you will have a say in what really fits the needs for our customers.
SummaryThis is a great opportunity for you to continue doing what you love.
- Advanced degree in Computer Science with a specialization in programming languages and type systems.
- 5 – 8 years of experience in maintaining compilers, interpreters or code generators.
- Write code that has few or no side effects
- Knowledge of functional programming paradigms and a passion to implement products using one of these languages: Haskell, Haxe, Rust, Elm and OCaml or ML.
- Work in a fast-paced group that practices the principles of agile software development:
- delivering software over documentation
- collaboration over process and tools
- a team of talented peers that hold daily standups, do retrospectives and plan Sprints
- a continuous integration/continuous delivery framework for releasing software
- The ideal candidate will be great to work with, have a well-rounded view of software development, will be an excellent coach and can help us cut through the hype around block chain. Conduent is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, gender expression, sex/gender, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply for or compete for employment with Conduent may request such accommodation(s) by clicking on the following link, completing the accommodation request form, and submitting the request by using the 'Submit' button at the bottom of the form. For those using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox please download the form first: click here to access or download the form.