|Location||New York, NY|
|Date Posted||June 7, 2019|
SS&C Technologies Holdings, Inc. is a global provider of financial services software and software-enabled services. Founded in 1986, SS&C has built the most comprehensive powerhouse of software technology in the financial services industry – technology that complements our unrivaled expertise and professionalism in fund administration, insurance and pension funds, and asset and wealth management accounting and operations. Named by Forbes as one of America’s best midsize employers, SS&C has more than 20,000 employees and 15,000 clients worldwide, and is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut, with offices throughout North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Africa, and Australia.
This position will be located in our 4 Times Square, New York NY office location
Senior Technical Lead/Architect Positions Overview
We are looking for senior technical lead or architect to lead the large-scale design and development of the next generation financial software solutions.
As a Senior Technical Lead, your role is to lead the design and development of our new investment services initiatives. This is a role with significant growth potentials within a fast-paced development environment.
- 3+ years of proven experience leading large scale design and development dealing with multi TB data in real time with the aim to handle petabytes of data (whether structured or unstructured) across a distributed data sharing system.
- Deep understanding of scalability and maintainability for large-scale applications aimed supporting enterprise data management, visualization and analytics need.
- Extensive knowledge on .NET platform tools, utilities, and MS SQL Server.
- Excellent knowledge of authentication and authorization with security sensitivity in mind when coding applications.
- Extensive knowledge on XML including XML Schema, XSLT, XPath, and XQuery.
- Knowledge of Telerik or other AJAX development library, and or HTML 5. Working knowledge of node, angular, vue and/or bootstrap.
- Excellent experience with SQL coding, performance tuning on stored procedures/functions, indexing, SQL Server sharding.
- Knowledge of Windows and windows API.
- Working knowledge of Web Services, WebAPI, and Service Oriented Architecture.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and good client interfacing skills.
- Quick learner for emerging technologies such as AI, Blockchain, Voice Recognition and Big Data.
- Strong Mathematics Skills.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Knowledge of software and hardware logical and physical deployment options and related security and performance concerns and solutions.
- OO design patterns.
- Good documentation skills are a must.
- Experience in a software development environment with high quality assurance standards is required.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Experience developing Amazon Alexa voice skills and using the voice APIs
- Artificial intelligence and its application to investment management applications
- Accept responsibility and Personal accountability.
- Highly logical, proactive, and keen attention to detail.
- Ability to work well independently or as a member of a team.
- Demonstrate flexibility, reliability and adaptability in approach to work.
- Demonstrate effective teamwork and working relationships with internal and external parties.
- Demonstrate a self-directed approach to learning new technologies in the field; pursue professional development.
- Take personal ownership (going beyond assigned tasks to make project better, identifies and reports issues, demonstrates strong concern for client and initiatives).
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related.
Unless explicitly requested or approached by SS&C Technologies, Inc. or any of its affiliated companies, the company will not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services.
SS&C offers excellent benefits including health, dental, 401k plan, tuition and professional development reimbursement plan.
SS&C Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.