|Location||San Francisco, CA|
|Date Posted||July 20, 2019|
Our client is a Global fintech company focused on digitizing assets on the blockchain. They are the industry-leading digital securities issuance and compliance platform, and our clientele reflect a vast range of asset classes from uniquely impassioned companies. From their inception in November 2017, they have been thrilled to watch the effect that blockchain technologies have had on the financial industry, and this movement is anything but slowing down. With offices in San Francisco, New York City, Tel Aviv, and London, they are constantly looking to expand their diverse team with the top talent from both the traditional finance and burgeoning blockchain industries. If you're passionate and curious about the impact this groundbreaking technology is having on the financial services industry, we want to hear from you.
We are looking for an experienced internal accountant to oversee general accounting operations by controlling and verifying our financial transactions. Responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to reconciling account balances and bank statements, maintaining general ledger, client collections, and preparing month-end close procedures. A successful individual in this position would combine excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles to analyze financial reports and forecasts; also, as with any startup, being a self-starter is key. The ideal candidate has experience working in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment and is comfortable liaising with multiple departments to achieve holistic operational efficiency and accuracy. If you're excited by the dynamic blockchain industry and a massive potential market worldwide, then we want you on our team.
location: San Francisco, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $85,000 - 90,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 4 Years
- Verify, allocate, post and reconcile accounts payable and receivable
- Manage A/R and A/P flow using integrated accounting platforms
- Spot errors and suggest ways to improve efficiency and spending
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements
- Update and compare budget according to schedule
- Assist with tax audits and tax returns
- Assist with internal and external audits to ensure compliance
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Ensure compliance with GAAP principles
- Maintain awareness of business trends
- Consolidating financial statements from foreign subsidiaries
- Proven experience as a financial accountant, controller, or similar in-house financial position
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Familiarity with QuickBooks and Bill.com
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
- BS degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant
- Relevant certification (e.g. CMA or CPA) will be preferred
- Knowledge of and passion about blockchain technologies and startups preferred
- Experience with international accounting procedures (various jurisdictions) a plus
skills: Quickbooks, GAAP
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.