|Date Posted||July 20, 2019|
We are hiring SAP Project Manager for Federal project based in Washington, DC
Company Name: - JTSi (Johnson Technology Systems, Inc.)
Clearance: Active interim Secret or higher
Position: SAP Project Manager
Location: Washington, DC
Clearance: interim Secret or higher in JPAS
The Project Manager is responsible for the overall management of projects throughout their lifecycle. They are responsible for defining, planning, tracking and managing the project, for identifying key resources and providing the direction they require in order meeting project objectives. The Project Manager provides leadership to cross-functional teams responsible for delivering defined project outputs to time, budget and project quality criteria. They also ensure adherence to project management methodology practices, provide team coaching, evaluate the performance of team members and reinforce the enterprise knowledge management through the collection and communication of lessons learned.
The Project Manager may be asked to assists during the Opportunity Management Phase of the customer engagement by providing input into the proposal or completing specific proposal deliverables - especially in the area of delivery model, project structure, organization, scoping, estimation and risk assessment.
The Project Manager has ability to manage projects that require coordination of work between various parties like third party sub-contractors, SAP Custom Development, SAP Global Consulting Delivery, SLO, Cloud Delivery (including HEC), CoE, and SAP Support organization.
Key Areas of Responsibility and Tasks
- Scope and estimate the engagement
- Understand and be able to deliver according to the SAP delivery models e.g. ability to engage local, near-shore and off-shore teams for most efficient delivery of project, ability to coordinate project delivery across organizational boundaries including participation of SAP ecosystem partners.
- Conduct project planning activities and manage the execution of projects according to plan (Opportunity Management, Initiating to closing )
- Manage relationship with project stakeholders, including internal and external clients, keeping stakeholders informed of progress, risks and issues in order to manage expectations on all project requirements and deliverables.
- Manage and communicate a clear vision of the project s objectives, and motivate the project team to achieve them; create a project environment that enables peak performance by team members.
- Ensures proper governance is in place to best meet project objectives
- Balance the trade-off of the triple- constraint (time, cost and scope) to realize the expected business value.
- Manage the financial aspects of the project: budgeting and estimate to actual variance.
- Analyze risk, establish contingency plans and identify trigger events and responsibilities for initiating mitigating action.
- Escalate issues early about the project to account management or delivery management.
- Plan and execute formal Quality Gate process following the Q-Gate approach in SAP Activate methodology.
- Maintain project documentation and updates to relevant knowledge management bases; analyze lessons learned and share with the organization s project management community.
- 10+ years of project management experience in project implementations using formal project management methodology, techniques and tools in SAP.
- Demonstrated expertise in creating and maintaining project deliverables such as, project charter, project management plan, status reports, project timesheets, communications plan, budget and schedule.
- Demonstrated experience in managing issues, scope and quality while bring projects to successful completion within the cost and time requirements.
- Agile Project Management, Delivery Experience, Program Management (Cloud would be a BIG PLUS), S/4HANA Implementation (a BIG PLUS)
- PMP certification and /or other industry and project management certifications an asset
Preferred (but not required) Skills:
- Experience in cloud computing delivery models (e.g. public and on-premise hybrid-cloud solutions), cloud computing platforms (e.g. PaaS, IaaS), cloud-related security principles, cloud computing trends and innovation technologies (e.g. Big Data, Machine Learning, IoT, Blockchain)
- AWS/MS Azure Certifications
- Experience and knowledge of FEDRAMP certification
- HANA, S/4HANA
- U.S Citizen with Secret Clearance
- Willingness to travel - this is onsite requirement
- Bachelors Degree at the minimum
- PMP and ITIL Foundations Certification
If you are available, interested, planning to make a change, or know of a friend who might have the required qualifications and interest, please call me ASAP at (703) 949-9118. If you do respond via e-mail [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]) please include a daytime phone number so I can reach you. In considering candidates, time is of the essence, so please respond ASAP with your updated resume.
Established in 2003, JTSi is an IT & Engineering Services provider with years of documented experience in the Information Technology and Engineering services field. JTSi has a proven track record for successfully delivering mission critical Professional IT Services to the Public Sector. JTSI SAP/ERP team delivers high value business solutions to its clients by clearly understanding their core business problems. We deliver quality services at equitable rates and focus on constant improvement in all areas of our operation, with a strong commitment to meeting our Customer s needs. We view ourselves more as a Business Partner than merely a consulting services provider. At JTSi customer is always first and partnering is our path to customer satisfaction - We do what we say.