|Location||New York, NY|
|Date Posted||January 30, 2019|
The Technology Business Analysis team is responsible for helping the Technology group translate business vision and strategy into effective enterprise change by providing detailed analysis and requirements to enable the delivery of technology solutions.
The role is for a technology focused business analyst to join the IT Business Analysis team to support ongoing project delivery and new business initiatives in this organization. The role would be responsible for the analysis and preparation of detailed business and functional requirements for end of day and real-time index calculation and data management systems, as well as for new index services or change to existing services and development of web site and client portals, working with project managers and stakeholders across the business.
The successful candidate will have a strong focus on enabling the delivery of solutions which successfully meet the business need and objectives.
- Understanding the business need and executing business analysis, systems and data analysis to enable delivery of a suitable solution which will meet the business need.
- Supporting the IT Business Analysis Team Lead to deliver business projects and initiatives on time.
- Taking ownership of a product, becoming an SME on that product and making product decisions in collaboration with business product managers and owners to meet the project and strategic business objectives.
- Articulation, definition and prioritization of product requirements by writing epics, user stories and scenarios, maintaining a product backlog, prioritization and assisting with story estimation.
- Participation in Agile ceremonies such as daily stand-ups, sprint planning and review meetings, retrospectives and sprint demonstrations/playback sessions.
- Demonstrating completed work to business stakeholders and assessing recognized value delivered.
- Having close relationships and communication with members of the scrum team to make development decisions and ensure the objectives and requirements of each sprint is well understood.
- Performing analysis on existing systems and databases related to the product to identify options for potential solutions and assessing both technical and business suitability.
- Supporting the Project Management function to ensure project and requirements scope is adhered to, risks and issues are raised and resolved/mitigated, and any changes to scope are recorded and tracked.
- Supporting the QA and UAT teams to ensure thorough understanding of requirements as well as providing advice or clarification on any issues raised during test cycles.
- Accurate preparation of written business correspondence and documentation that is coherent, factually and grammatically correct, effective, professional and engaging.
- Proactively initiates, develops, and maintains effective, collaborative working relationships with team members and stakeholders across the board.
- Understands expectations that were set with internal and external customers and recognizes when issues/events may affect delivery and takes action to mitigate.
- Articulate, creative, energetic person able to work alongside the team
- Excellent attention to detail but with the ability to think logically to solve business problems
- Outstanding written and oral communications as well as interpersonal skills; ability to explain technical detail to business facing stakeholders and business change detail to technical facing stakeholders
- Ability to establish credibility and build strong, collaborative relationships with business stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines without compromising quality
- Results driven, self-motivated, problem solving and solutions oriented; takes pride in his/her work
- Demonstrates a can-do attitude, exhibits self-confidence and adaptable to change
- Excellent organizational, negotiation, presentation and time management skills; ability to manage business expectations
Candidate Profile / Key Skills:
- Experience working in a market data centric and/or client facing role, ideally in a financial services institution.
- Knowledge of Equities and/or Fixed Income instruments, related market data, index/benchmark products design and how indices are used by financial institutions.
- Strong analysis and requirements gathering skills, both business and systems focused with the ability to understand relations between data sets, prepare sample data, define and review financial calculations and prepare data mappings.
- Experience of performing business analysis for diverse projects which includes preparation and presentation of wireframes, related current and future state business process models and production of business analysis artefacts.
- Knowledge and experience of SDLC, specifically Agile (SAFe) project delivery method with solid, proven experience of performing business analysis activities in a scalable Agile environment.
- Ability to liaise with architecture, development and functional testing (in-house and outsourced) stakeholders to ensure requirements are well understood.
- Strong and proven 'soft' skills with the ability to communicate requirements in a clear, accurate, concise, engaging and thorough manner to stakeholders across the board.
- Solid Microsoft Office, document management (e.g. SharePoint), Visio, Jira and Kanban skills.
- Experience of Business Process Modelling (BPM) and using BPMs to drive requirements analysis, identify impact and risk profile of change to business processes.
- System and database design and requirements analysis supported by ability to query database tables using SQL.
- Understanding of data warehousing, blockchain technology and/or cloud technology would be advantageous.
If you have the described qualifications and are interested in this exciting opportunity, apply today!
Genesis10 is a leading U.S. business and technology consulting firm with hundreds of clients needing proven talent and solutions to power their strategic initiatives. If you are a high performing business or IT professional with solid, referenced experience, we want to meet you. Genesis10 recruiters and delivery professionals are highly accomplished career advocates, who get to know you beyond your resume to position you with the opportunities that fit your skills, experience and aspirations. We have benefit options to fit your needs and a support staff that works with you from placement throughout your engagement – project after project. To learn more about Genesis10 and to view all our available career opportunities, please visit us at www.genesis10.com "Genesis10 is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V”