|Date Posted||July 4, 2019|
Help Smithfield Foods build a world class global supply chain. We are a leading consumer products company focused on environmental responsibility and sustainability, and now is an exciting time to be part of our Information Technology & Transformation (IT&T) team.
The IT&T Business Relationship Management team is at the core of the supply chain digital transformation, working with business leadership to identify and implement next generation technologies. Leading initiatives across the supply chain landscape, the Business Analyst Supply Chain will drive the successful business outcomes for innovative technology solutions
As Business Analyst - Supply Chain you will be primary strategic liaison between the business partners and IT technical teams. The role is an advocate and change agent for process and system optimization at Smithfield, helping to define initiative roadmaps and business justifications that will enable supply chain transformation.
By leveraging your experience, leadership skills, positive attitude, you can make a difference at Smithfield.
Responsibilities and tasks are written as follows:
- Lead the development of strategic roadmaps encompassing the evolution of enterprise business solution portfolios from current to future state.
- Business case development and project initiation, including budget, scope, schedule, resource planning and presenting plans for funding approval.
- Strategic vendor management, including performance oversight, negotiation, issue resolution and facilitation of contract reviews.
- Provide functional leadership and strategic consultation for technology deployments to ensure successful business outcomes.
- Evaluate innovative technology and industry trends such as Automation, IoT, AI and Blockchain using knowledge of business operations to facilitate digital supply chain proofs of concept and integration strategies.
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to define business process maps and functional application needs.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a regionally accredited four-year college or university in Business, Computer Science or closely related field and 5+ years experience in IT or related roles, required.
- 3+ years of experience with emphasis in systems supporting a supply chain business area, required.
- Strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills; ability to present and discuss strategies and technical information in a manner that establishes rapport, persuades others, and establishes understanding for technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
- Self-motivated with strong sense of accountability, initiative, and the ability to work collaboratively to attain results that meet the business needs
- Demonstrated high learning agility with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated project management skills, including budgeting and managing timelines.
- Previous experience in business process mapping, defining system requirements and test scenarios.
- Specific skills include facilitating change, driving operational excellence, and striving for continuous improvement.
- Strong knowledge of enterprise IT applications, architectures and supply chain business processes and data flows.Functional/technical experience implementing and supporting enterprise level Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) and/or Transportation Management Systems (TMS) across multiple high-volume facilities preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.