|Location||New York, NY|
|Date Posted||June 28, 2019|
Company is one of the world’s largest providers of financial markets data and infrastructure, serving over 40,000 institutions in over 190 countries. It provides leading data and insights, trading platforms, and open data and technology platforms that connect a thriving global financial markets community – driving performance in trading, investment, wealth management, regulatory compliance, market data management, enterprise risk and fighting financial crime.
Business Area Description
The M&A and Capital Raising business (MACR), with revenues of approximately $350m annually, is responsible for servicing professionals in mergers and acquisitions and capital raising with leading market data and technology solutions across corporations, investment banks, advisory boutiques, private equity firms and professional service firms.
Proposition managers are responsible for creating the strategy for sustainable growth and market differentiation. They work with and provide strategic direction and leadership to our product management, content management, and sales teams to support execution of this strategy. This role will lead the proposition for our offering servicing M&A and capital raising professionals. This includes growing our business in this space across industry product lines including coverage bankers, M&A advisory professionals, Equity and Debt Capital markets bankers who underwrite and distribute new securities to the market on behalf of corporate clients, and private equity and venture capital investors. The business is global with important regional nuances in the market that need to be considered in any growth strategy. The successful candidate will also have to establish a long term sustainable strategy for addressing how the market is likely to develop as a result of changing market dynamics including technology and innovation, new market entrants, and global macro-economic trends. The role reports to the Managing Director of Investing & Advisory (I&A) which manages all business lines in the off-trading floor space across buyside and sellside. The successful candidate will be tasked with establishing a strategy for long term sustainable growth of Company’s footprint in this area through an understanding of market and competitive dynamics and will detail and drive execution around requirements for product, content, commercials, packaging and other innovation (open platform, big data, digitization, acquisitions, etc). The role requires the successful candidate to lead across a matrixed organisation and will require strong direction setting and influencing skills to work with technology and sales teams to deliver results.
As proposition manager you are the resident expert at Company with regards to your sector and need to be able to:
- Provide in-depth customer and market insights, needs and pain points, to identify new business opportunities and to develop and drive winning propositions for the M&A and capital raising space
- Develop compelling business propositions and Go-To-Market plans and execute through strong collaborative relationships across matrixed functions, including Product, Marketing, Legal, Sales & Account Management and external partners
- Provide input to the creation and development of comprehensive business cases based on growth opportunities and ensuring alignment with I&A and Company overall strategic direction.
- Provide input and support plans for market engagement through solution/product development, marketing, industry thought leadership and partnership activities, ultimately leading to increased affinity for Company solutions.
- Monitor all aspects of key competitors, analyzing their strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats and develop strategies to achieve competitive advantage
- Front Line Support - work with our Sales & Account Management colleagues to communicate the strategy with clarity and enable sales teams through marketing and value proposition materials, ensuring the Voice of the Customer is represented in investment decisions
- Drive thought leadership agenda as the internal and external spokesperson for your proposition, supporting media attribution and community building
- Excellent grasp of Technology and Market Data used in the M&A and Capital Raising space with an ability to articulate future trends in technology adoption (AI, blockchain, automation) and the industry as a whole
Problem solving & analysis:
- Strong intellect and analytical skills
- Takes ownership for work
- Can draw insight from data and analysis
- Strong business acumen and commercial strategy skills
- Experience in or servicing the Investment Banking sector
Written and verbal communication:
- Polished communicator
- Able to influence individuals as well as groups in meetings
- Can present data and business strategy in a clear and concise manner
- Strong Microsoft Office (particularly Excel and Powerpoint) skills
Team and personal skills:
- Energetic and motivated “self-starter”
- Proactive about personal development
- Strong time management
- Leadership potential
- Likes working with others
- Ability to work to tight deadlines in a high performance environment
- 15+ years industry experience in an investment banking, financial technology or related role - Ideally a combination of working in an Investment Bank and with technology solutions that solve for the workflow of the segment
- P&L ownership
- Proven track record of driving business lines and creating successful new products and taking them to market