|Location||San Jose, CA|
|Date Posted||November 9, 2019|
Director of Business Development is an exciting position for a hands-on, results-oriented business development professional. He or she will work with a cross-functional team in developing strategies and business cases, structuring and executing partnerships, and driving strategic initiatives to grow Samsung SDS America's solution business in North America. The core mission will be to create and execute go-to-market strategy for new technology platforms built by Samsung SDS. These new platforms will be the growth engine for Samsung SDS in North America.
The Business Development Director will be responsible for formulating strategies, developing partnerships and delivering programs that will generate near term revenues for Samsung SDS America. This senior role is critical in identifying and building commercial models and developing partnerships (OEM, Reseller, SI, etc.) that deliver impact and scale. One of the platforms that he or she will bring to market is an AI Engineering Platform that improves the productivity of AI engineers by 3-5x. In addition to leading business development efforts for this platform, the Business Development Director will also participate in business development efforts of other platforms built by Samsung SDS including blockchain, data analytics and cloud.
As part of Samsung SDS America, SDS Research America (SDSRA) was established in 2014 with the mission of building cutting edge technology in the area of AI and Cloud Computing. Part of SDSRA, Open Innovation Team was established in 2015 with the mission of "Executing Technology Driven Inorganic Growth with Silicon Valley Focus".
- Develop go-to-market strategy and partnerships
- Identify key channel partners in the areas of Enterprise AI
- Devise business and commercial model for platform based product
- Work closely with Product Development Team to provide feedback from potential customers as well as overall market
- Lead development and growth of strategic partner ecosystem for AI Engineering Platform
- Identify, nurture and close strategic partner opportunities.
- Drive day-to-day GTM execution with partners and their field and marketing teams.
- Explore OEM opportunities that can have a far reaching revenue impact
- Collaborate internally with product, marketing, sales, legal and other internal teams
- Development of go-to-market strategy for other platforms in Samsung SDS America's Solution Business Unit, including blockchain, data analytics and cloud.
- Requires frequent and close communications with Samsung SDS HQ located in Korea. May require working outside normal working hours due to the time difference.
- 15+ years of commercial deal development or sales execution experience in enterprise software.
- 3+ years of recent experiences in and deep knowledge of enterprise AI, blockchain, data analytics and cloud computing.
- Established strong business network at senior executive level.
- Strong track record of building partnerships that generated significant amount of revenues.
- Deep understanding of enterprise software and go-to-market strategies for platform based solutions.
- A strong command of business and financial modeling is essential to success in this role.
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-starter with an analytical orientation, strategic vision, and strong executional track record.
- Strong quantitative and decision-making skills with ability to synthesize and distill large amounts of data into action plans.
- Demonstrated success providing vision and strategy while leading and developing high-performance teams in a dynamic, global organization.
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical field is required, MBA is preferred.
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, 401(k), PTO (Paid Time Off)