|Date Posted||June 11, 2019|
What you will do
Reporting to the VP, Global Enterprise Solutions. This role will lead the Emerging technologies & automation team in research, development, incubation and driving adoption of the next generation of digital capabilities (such as AI, ML, RPA, blockchain, data, augmented reality, speech, etc) as well as growing the automation COE across JCI. This role will require future thinking on how to apply new digital capabilities to drive business value, growth and productivity. This role requires an entrepreneur, startup mindset and the ability to drive digital culture, new capability adoption, and alignment to broader JCI business goals and objectives.
He/she will have accountability for acceleration and growth of the automation COE, be part of the “Workplace of the Future” initiative driving digital, and collaborating across JCI ensuring businesses and functions are leveraging learnings, already developed capabilities and incubating new ideas for growth. Key component of the role will be to strategically partner with external parties to drive innovation and scale.
How you will do it
- Enable digital innovation using next generation capabilities that drive growth, productivity and digital transformation at JCI
- Significantly accelerate the growth of the Automation COE across all functions and businesses
- Develop new ways to accelerate the identification of process standardization and automation opportunities across JCI
- Align to broader initiatives across JCI to drive automation and process standardization, for example: ERP simplification and transformation
- Develop and govern a sustainable automation COE cost model using agile, dev/ops, and factory models
- Build and govern next generation capability incubation environment enabling the business for rapid prototyping in a safe, secure, and scalable platform
- Ensure all security, risk, and compliance processes are adhered to
- Build strategic internal and external partnerships to enable innovation, scale and speed
- Develop strong internal partnerships to ensure bi-directional idea / capability sharing and adoption across JCI
- Design and build an effective communication and collaboration model across JCi
- Lead staff in an effective manner (hiring, motivation, retention, performance/rewards assessments, development/corrective actions etc.)
- Assess staffing and skills requirements; establish professional development & training plans; set goals and expectations with team members; provide continuing feedback on performance; perform annual reviews & 360 feedback, etc.
- Establish departmental metrics/goals and objectives; report department accomplishments and plans on a regular basis
- Drive continuous improvement and process simplification
- Responsible in ensuring team members comply with the policies, procedures, and standards around change and release management
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory and security requirements