|Date Posted||July 11, 2019|
The largest family-owned and privately-held 3rd party logistics (3PL) and supply chain Management Company with revenues of $900 Million and 80+ warehouses adding to 38 Million Sq Ft. needs at their HQ location. Excellent salary + Bonus + all benefits + Sign on Bonus for relo
Job Posting # 2172
Job Title: Data Analytics Engineer - Transportation Overnight Domestic Travel: Up to 25%
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Compensation: Annual Salary of $75k - $105K + Bonus (Target 10%)
Relocation: Client will consider a sign on Bonus if needed for relo assistance
Benefits: Full package for medical, dental insurance, 401K, Tuition reimbursement, etc
Company Info: Our client is the largest family-owned and privately-held 3rd party logistics (3PL) and supply chain Management Company in the US. The company is in business for 65+ years with 80+ managed warehouses comprising of 38 Million Sq Ft. The company has revenues of around $900 Million with 5K people nationwide. This position is at their HQ location with 250+ people.
This is a forward thinking strategic company, which is one of the first 3PL’s to join the Blockchain in Transport Alliance (BiTA) forum created for the development of blockchain standards and education in the Transportation industry
Group Info: This position is in their Supply Chain Solutions group with around 40 people headed by a SVP. This role reports to the Sr. Manager - Supply Chain solutions with 1 person under him.
The Data Analytics Engineer will partner with other departments and customers to analyze and design integrated network, transportation, warehousing and MHS solution.
The Data Analytics Engineer, Supply Chain Solutions will design multifaceted logistics and supply chain solutions based on an understanding of business needs, supply chain network strategy, transportation strategy, carrier sourcing strategy, manufacturing strategy and inventory deployment strategy
· Manages data through data mining, data modeling, data analysis, cost/benefit analysis, process mapping and/or problem analysis.
· Partners with business development managers to identify and analyze customer’s strengths and weaknesses and suggests areas of improvement.
· Reviews and edits requirements, specifications, business processes and recommendations related to proposed solution.
· Performs research and benchmarking on industry best practices related to logistics and supply chains.
· Drives and challenges client business units on their assumptions of how they will relate to actual operations
· Routinely produces analysis and makes presentations to upper management.
· Writes SOP’s and training documents to establish standard work.
· Communicates effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions with project management.
· Quickly understands the business issues and data challenges of client's organization and industry.
· Manages Complexity - Making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems
· Action Oriented - Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm
· Nimble Learning - Actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder
· Persuades - Using compelling arguments to gain the support and commitment of others.