|Location||New York, NY|
|Date Posted||April 19, 2019|
Exciting opportunity to join a FinTech electronic exchange platform, supporting the client's blockchain subsidiary.
Electronic exchange platform with blockchain subsidiary.
Reporting directly to the General Counsel, the Counsel will be responsible for providing legal support to the client's blockchain subsidiary. This role will be fast-paced and involve technology transactions, IP and blockchain legal matters.
- Contract drafting, negotiation and advisory responsibilities for client's blockchain subsidiary.
- Provide legal and strategic business advice to help develop a comprehensive, long-term approach to the commercial aspects of our products and programs
- Draft, review and negotiate a wide range of technology contracts and commercial agreements.
- Willingness and ability to manage numerous deals, meet tight deadlines, and work extended hours when necessary to complete project
- Assist with other legal matters as necessary
- JD from top US Law School with excellent academic credentials
- Admission to NY State Bar
- 5-10 years of experience combined at a top law firm and in-house dealing with financial services technology transactions and commercial agreements
- Experience with blockchain and with the legal issues arising from blockchain applications preferred
- Experience leading contract negotiations
- Experience advising clients on and managing deals on deadlines with minimal supervision
- Experience building relationships and collaborating with business teams and other members of the legal team
- Join a growing in-house legal team
- Be the sole attorney supporting blockchain subsidiary
- Work life balance: 9-6 with work from home options
- Competitive base salary with equity component