|Date Posted||October 20, 2019|
IQVIA™ is the leading human data science company focused on helping healthcare clients find unparalleled insights and better solutions for patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness the power of healthcare data, domain expertise, transformative technology, and advanced analytics to drive healthcare forward.
The AI Scientist will be part of a new stealth group building the next generation of smart machine cloud-based solutions. This provides an opportunity to get in on the ground floor level of something new and exciting for an industry working with the latest and greatest technologies.
- Participate in cutting edge research using tools such as Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, Robotic Process Automation and Blockchain amongst other capabilities.
- Help develop software and algorithms and build new cognitive computing platforms for areas such as sensors and tracking systems, deep learning algorithms and models, workflow and automation through to new areas such as virtual assistants and AI in IoT to enhance our Artificial Intelligence functionality.
- Help the research and development of a local AI team, deliver practical AI components to be used within clinical processes.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge in some of the following areas:
- Optical Character Recognition – utilizing character recognition tools to convert images, PDFs and other document types into digitally recognized structure with meta-tagging;
- Machine Learning - deep learning, online learning, transfer learning, reinforcement learning, structured/unstructured learning;
- Natural language processing - NLTK/OpenNLP, StanfordNLP, Translation, Semantic Ontology, Natural Language understanding/generation;
- Robotic Process Automation – virtual worker process builds, script generation utilizing AI tool sets;
- Blockchain – smart contracts, supply chain programming, encryption programming.
- Strong research and innovation skills and ability to solve difficult machine vision and learning problems and transferring business problems into AI use cases and requirements.
- Strong programming skills in languages such as Java, C#/C++, Spark, Flink, Tensorflow and Python.
- Strong communication and teamwork skills.
- Flexibility and adaptability to work in a growing dynamic team in a highly visible role.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Master’s degree or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Applied Statistics, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or other qualitative discipline with some modules in Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, Cognitive Science, Deep Learning or other related fields.
Preferably some post-academic work experience or additional years of experience at BSc level will be considered. Strong mathematical/computing science background with strong knowledge in at least one of the following fields: Cognitive Science, Advanced Semantic Design, Information Extraction, Information retrieval, Probabilistic Decision Marking, or similar.
DESIRED ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Someone who is passionate about AI and can show examples of their skills utilizing open-source capabilities that they can show as part of that passion;
- The freedom to use your talent and background to help us make noise in the industry quickly.
Making a positive impact on human health takes insight, curiosity, and intellectual courage. It takes brave minds, pushing the boundaries to transform healthcare. Regardless of your role, you will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve outcomes for patients.
Forge a career with greater purpose, make an impact, and never stop learning.
IQVIA is an EEO Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA’s Talent Acquisition team at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] to arrange for such an accommodation.
Job ID: R1101537