|Date Posted||January 15, 2019|
Position: Systems Engineer V
Location: Houston, TX
Duration: 1 year contract
Title/Skillset: Blockchain Consultant
We’re looking for a Blockchain consultant to help us design blockchain based decentralized distributed systems that will underlie the next generation of global commercial airline industry. As part of this role you will be part of the Infrastructure Operations and Engineering team and will be working with various business and IT teams. In this role you will help design and implement incorruptible digital ledgers of transactions using blockchain platforms such as Hyperledger and Ethereum.
WHAT THE RESOURCE WILL DO:
- Engineer back-end/ middleware infrastructure that will support blockchain related applications used by the customers, business, technology and operations teams.
- Act as the subject matter expert/knowledgeable resource for blockchain engineering and day to day problem solving issues.
- Blockchain technology: Good technical understanding and expertise with decentralized, public, permission-less blockchains (Bitcoin, Ethereum etc.) and permissioned blockchain (Hyperledger) is must.
- Cryptography: Knowledge of cryptography, including symmetric and asymmetric (public/private key) cryptography, hash functions, digital signatures and various distributed blockchain consensus methodologies (Mining, PoW, PoS, BFT etc.) is required.
- Smart Contracts: A minimum of 3 years of experience with developing smart contracts (Ethereum) and/or Chaincodes (Hyperledger Fabric).
- Programming: 7 years of experience building applications using any of the following (or similar) programming languages: Solidity and Go.
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Applied Mathematics (with a focus on Cryptography is preferred).