|Date Posted||December 20, 2018|
Marsh Digital Labs is the incubator arm of Marsh focused on experimenting in emerging technologies and developing innovative products, new business models, and strategic engagements with clients, carriers, and insurtech companies. Current technologies under development include Artificial intelligence/machine learning, blockchain and IoT. Marsh Digital Labs’ approach to experimentation is to leverage cloud-based platforms to build new capabilities, reusable components and test-and-learn tools. The Labs also include a machine learning garage to create next-generation risk models, intelligent automation, and cognitive capabilities. Marsh Digital Labs also drives a multi-faceted research program that works across the insurance industry ecosystem, academia and upcoming technology vendors to develop, identify and validate key components for the insurance industry of the future.
As a technical development lead in Marsh Digital Labs, the candidate is expected to be a key contributor driving the innovation agenda and manage key technology initiatives. The candidate should be adept at emerging technology themes such as AI/ML, IoT, Blockchain and RPA. The candidate has the ability to independently develop products using various emerging technologies and is a quick learner. The candidate will own product development end-to-end on key initiatives and will drive both onshore and offshore technical teams as needed.
- Investigate, define and implement new ideas as prototypes and Proofs-of-Concept in partnership with business stakeholders.
- Develop advanced SaaS services using public cloud platforms. Develop software and system architecture while ensuring alignment with enterprise technology standards (e.g. solution patterns, app frameworks, technology roadmaps).
- Ability to evaluate emerging technology stacks and vendors and provide key technology strategy decisions for adoption.
- Keep an active pulse on key innovation trends and emerging technology frameworks.
- Ability to drive a global software team to deliver key advanced technology components as needed for customer-facing applications.
- Prior experience managing or working closely with offshore technical teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or 10+ years of software development experience in an enterprise environment.
- Experience working with three or more of the following: web/mobile application development, distributed and parallel systems, machine learning, natural language processing, big data, developing large software systems, and/or security software development.
- Masters or Ph.D. in engineering, computer science or technical field.
- Experience embedding ML, DL, AI or Bi Data into a scaled IT environment.
- Love for coding and hand-on development of new emerging stacks.
- Strong ability to handle multiple parallel initiatives.
- Work autonomously and build projects from start to finish.
- Hands-on experience with key machine learning and deep learning frameworks such as Tensorflow, Caffe, PyTorch.
- Prior AI solution experience is a plus – e.g. virtual agents, RPA, chatbots, conversational UI/UX.
- Experience working under high degree of ambiguity.
- Excellent communication and collaborative skills.
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world. To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration. Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.marsh.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MarshGlobal
Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.