|Date Posted||April 11, 2018|
We are looking for a Visual/Interface Designer at Fidelity Investments for their Fidelity Labs organization. This position is based in Durham, North Carolina.
Fidelity Investments is a leader in the financial services industry, serving over 20 million individuals and institutions with over $4.6 trillion of assets under management. Underneath this stable and trusted brand is one of the most interesting innovation practices you’ve probably never heard of – Fidelity Labs. The mission of Fidelity Labs is to catalyze ideas and innovation across the firm. These teams prototype and pilot new businesses, products and capabilities that continue to distinguish the brand as the best customer experience in the financial services industry. Using Lean Start Up, Design Thinking and Agile methodologies, the group rapidly moves ideas from concept to scale. The group has a number of ventures at different stages in the pipeline and is looking for seasoned talent to help bring these game-changing ideas to market. See what we’re up to at FidelityLabs.com.
We’re looking for a Visual/Interface Designer to join a cross-disciplinary Incubator team at Fidelity Labs. As part of a technology-focused team, the Visual/Interface Designer will participate in the concept development and design of new and innovative products and services. Projects may include but are not limited to brand identity, visual design of new websites and mobile experiences, and branded marketing collateral. The ideal candidate would be someone who is action-oriented, collaborative, and someone who can play, learn, and have fun. Candidates must thrive in a fast-paced and highly ambiguous environment working with emerging technologies, with high-risks and uncertainty.
- Create strong graphic layouts based on concepts developed by Incubator teams
- Solve complex design problems and communicate ideas effectively
- Collaborate with colleagues on design feasibility and desirability
- Conduct user acceptance testing and incorporate feedback into design
- Participate in brainstorming and other idea generating team sessions
- Brief extended teams and manage deliverables according to relevance, schedule and budget
- Maintain high quality on creative and presentation deliverables
- Multi-task and work efficiently under pressure
Professional Background & Experience:
- Bachelors or Masters degree in a relevant design discipline
- Experience with design and strong interactive/digital work
- Experience with PowerPoint and creation of digital assets
- Experience with marketing communications
- Extremely detail oriented
- Strong presentation skills
- Seasoned in working under tight deadlines and able to multi-task
- Customer obsessed
- Highly collaborative and inclusive
- A good listener
- Proven experience with rapid prototyping using a variety of media/tools/technologies
- Able to take criticism, iterate quickly and embrace pace over perfection
- Solid working knowledge of the latest versions of design programs (eg. Photoshop, Illustrator); knowledge of HTML/CSS and other web capabilities a plus
- Experience in Agile, Design Thinking, Lean UX or Lean Start-up methods is a plus.
- Familiarity and interest in AI, Big Data, internal workflows and applications (e.g. CRM), blockchain technology, and/or cryptocurrencies, is a plus.