|Date Posted||March 21, 2019|
Job Overview: Senior Supply Chain Systems Manager, will be the global functional lead for systems in SCM. Working with the internal IT organization, and related third parties, this position is responsible from the business/functional standpoint for systems operations/support, technology projects and associated initiatives. This individual will be responsible for managing the applications that streamline procurement process. Responsibilities also include cross-functional leadership of teams to develop systems capabilities and to ensure technological tools meet end-user needs. Key Responsibilities/Accountabilities:
- Work with SCM and IT to provide the systems platform to enable Strategic Sourcing initiatives to meet strategic goals.
- Lead large, complex, global SCM system implementation programs with strong focus on organizational change management.
- Primary point of contact between SCM and IT and manage the relationship with a business outcome focus.
- Prepare a long-term plan for SCM systems development including standards, procedures, and guidelines, based on business goals and input from internal customers and suppliers.
- Support Integration of E-Commerce processes with SCM/ERP applications.
- Collaborate with IT department to operate and support Supplier Self-Service Portal including eligibility.
- Lead the global team to provide operational training and support to internal users of SCM systems
- Develop documentation and end user manuals to support SCM applications using the appropriate tools.
- Support research, experimentation (e.g. proof of concept and pilot exercises) into technologies and issues in support of SCM operational excellence and competitive advantage.
- Identify, recommend, and prioritize new e-tools and applications that enable business transformation and improvement.
- Perform cost-benefit analyses of SCM systems operations and prepare savings and key performance indicator reports.
- Liaise with IT department and suppliers on hardware and software issues that affect all SCM systems and their availability.
- Follow a change management process to ensure quality of product installations and functionality upgrades to SCM systems and websites.
- Responsible for weekly and monthly reports, covering results of activities and projects.
- Directly and indirectly support reporting requirements around sourcing, spend, and suppliers.
- Contract Management systems (including digital signature)
- Reports to Supply Chain Corporate department in the Houston office, and with a global remit, to provide guidance and share information that will contribute to the global goals of the organization.
- Supervise a staff of supply chain system professional domestically and internationally.
- Must have schedule flexibility to support calls and meetings at hours to support international customers and team members.
- Bachelors degree in engineering, computer science, computer information systems, supply chain or related discipline
- 10 years experience working in a Supply Chain role.
- Basic understanding of Business Process Modeling (BPM)
- Strong proficiency with the entire Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong data analytic skills; database design and SQL a plus
- Good communicator with excellent presentation skills
- 3 years experience in system requirements elicitation and documentation
- 8 years experience managing system implementation projects; PMP certification a plus
- Six Sigma Certification a plus
- Familiarization with Blockchain or Robotic Process Automation (RPA) a plus
- 6 years experience managing a team
Additional Comments: Systems included:
- Supply Chain Portal
- Supplier Registration portal
- Electronic catalogs
- Invoice Automation
- Spend Analytics
- Market/Cost Intelligence
- Supplier Performance
- Material Management
- SCM operational systems
Company Overview:McDermott is a premier, fully-integrated provider of technology, engineering and construction solutions to the energy industry. For more than a century, customers have trusted McDermott to design and build end-to-end infrastructure and technology solutionsfrom the wellhead to the storage tankto transport and transform oil and gas into the products the world needs today.