|Location||New York, NY|
|Date Posted||March 2, 2018|
Job Description - Software Engineer
Software Engineer CorDapp Corda
We are working with a cutting edge financial software company. They are working with a bespoke platform that the financial community is moving from experimentation with Distributed Ledger Technology to wholescale deployment and this platform (Corda) is the bespoke platform of choice. The range of applications that can be developed on Corda ledgers covers every area of finance and the development of these applications is likely to be the growth area in financial technology over the coming years. If you want to be involved at the start of one of the great technology revolutions, rivalling the advent of the internet, and get the opportunity to develop revolutionary new software, then you should apply to be a CorDapp Software Engineer.
The Software Engineers are responsible for building bespoke financial applications (CorDapps) that run on Corda based financial distributed ledgers. Candidates will be hands-on software engineers, able to work well at all levels of the Corda software stack: systems engineering, distributed systems design and development, through to financial application design and user interface.
Candidates must have a successful track record of delivering complex software projects, be experienced in multiple development languages and methodologies and will have delivered traditional applications and solutions, in service-oriented fashion. Financial Services experience, particularly in banking, will be essential, preferably augmented by experience of working in startup environments. All candidates must be comfortable with ambiguity. Experience of working in one or more open source projects, and of working in geographically distributed teams is also preferred, as is a sound understanding of security engineering principles.
- Iterative software development of CorDapps, beginning with prototyping and experimentation required to validate the architecture and develop the business proposition and Use Cases, and proceeding through the full Agile development lifecycle to production deployment
- Participate in all aspects of solution design and build, with a particular emphasis on architecture and security; identifying and resolving high-priority/high-risk design questions and ensuring the design is suitable for deployment in the Corda environment and meets the (validated) needs of bank/external users
- Develop the CorDapp to optimally use the features of Corda and minimize bespoke code branches in the Corda codebase
- Identify, socialize and gain support for any enhancements to the Corda codebase that are essential for the CorDapp from an end-user perspective
- Develop functional and operational network system requirements and specifications for the CorDapp
- Design, implement and integrate systems to scale and automate network operations tasks
- Perform network and system performance analysis and tuning optimizations for the CorDapp
- Experienced software engineer with extensive track record of development in Java and related languages, UIX, networking environments and Unix / Linux operating systems - Kotlin a plus
- Successful candidates are likely to have worked on a Corda project and/or attended Corda training and/or gained familiarity with Corda through self-directed development of a CorDapp (evidenced through Github link)
- Experience of financial messaging protocols and financial applications development
- Experience of working with relational, object and unstructured database technology
- Active contributor in the Corda open source community
- Able to demonstrate a good understanding of the technical principles underpinning the Corda design, familiarity with Corda technical whitepapers and documentation
- General knowledge of blockchain concepts and systems, experience of working in Ethereum or Bitcoin codebases not essential but helpful
- Fluent in English
- Excellent written and verbal communication, ability to sell technical ideas to a non-technical audience
- Fast, adaptable and inquisitive with a passion to deliver innovative, elegantly designed, secure and performant applications and solutions