|Location||Owings Mills, MD|
|Date Posted||April 10, 2018|
Senior Software Engineer
1. Candidates must have a very strong Object-oriented programming and design foundation and background to be considered. Expertise in Java, Python, C# or other Object Oriented languages are viable.
3. Candidates need to be technology agnostic. They need to be comfortable and willing to work with various technologies and want to learn new things. This team will prototype and build solutions for the company based on need and problems with the latest technologies.
We're looking for an Engineer to join our unique Emerging Solutions and Technology team. This teams' mission is to be proactive, innovative, and nimble in a rapidly changing ecosystem and serve as an "internal disruptor" to the current thinking and processes.
You'll work with smart, talented people across our business on the latest cutting-edge technologies such as AI, Blockchain, Machine Learning, and Big Data. Unlike the project requirement responsibilities of a typical IT professional, you'll be empowered to bring new solutions and capabilities to the table and then be hands-on in driving the research, strategy, prototyping, and piloting of those technologies.
We expect you to be an innovative thought leader who can think outside the box. In return we'll give you challenging work that's on the leading edge of IT, opportunities to learn and grow, and a collaborative culture that's eager for your input.
* We're looking for software engineers who thrive on learning new technologies and don't believe in one-size-fits-all solutions. You should be able to adapt easily to meet the needs of our rapidly evolving move to next-generation n-tier, native cloud enabled application.
* You think a working proof-of-concept is the best way to make a point. You strive on proving that speed and quality are not conflicting; that you can achieve both at the same time
* Exceptional technology skills; recognized by your peers as a leading developer
* A strong curiosity for technology; you are excited by the amazing pace that technology continues to evolve. You love to tinker with the latest frameworks or tools.
* Equally important to possessing strong technical skills, the ideal candidate will be a strong communicator able to communicate their thoughts, orally and visually. They need to understand how solutions are developed and even more important, understand how they can make an impact on our business
* Develop prototypes & pilots for emerging technologies seamlessly blending new technology with existing infrastructure/architecture.
* Work closely with the Emerging Solutions team and various business partners to fully understand capabilities that enhance our business. Influence the strategic direction of new technologies within the firm.
* Provide consultancy and advice on functionality, applicability and usability of our emerging capabilities.
* Quickly pick up and master new technical capabilities as they emerge regardless of the languages, frameworks, or architectures they might require
* Proactively monitor industry trends and research competing tools to ensure that we are consistently considering how these trends and technologies might impact our business
* Experience developing in multiple languages and platforms. Preference towards the latest stacks and libraries such as Node.js, React, Angular, Mongo, etc.
* Solid knowledge of a foundation language(s) such as Python, C++, C# or Java.
* Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with others in team environment
* Experience quickly learning new programming languages, frameworks, or technical capabilities
* Experience with system integration specifically via API integrations
* Demonstrated advanced analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
* Adaptable and able to learn quickly
* Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or related field with 7+ years of IT experience
* Experience building modern n-tier applications
* Experience using and deploying to public or private clouds (AWS, Azure, Google, Openstack, Rackspace, etc.).
* Experience developing microservices
* Experience with Python
* Experience with emerging technologies like machine learning, cognitive computing, AI, or blockchain
* Experience researching and bringing new capabilities to the table
* Experience building mobile applications (iOS or Android)
* Experience working with a CI/CD environment preferred
* Experience with global collaboration platforms (like Jive) a plus
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.