|Date Posted||February 10, 2018|
The Senior Manager - Product Development and Delivery leads the Commercial Payments Products team as part of the Core Network Products & Delivery group at Discover. This role reports to the VP of Core Network Products and Delivery, and maintains ownership of product roadmaps, functionality definition, product positioning and delivery to market for products within Discover's Commercial Payments Network (CPN).
The role is responsible for conceptualizing and delivering new commercial B2B products along with enhancements to existing product lines and roadmap, as part of the Commercial Payments Network. In this role, the individual will manage a team of Product Managers while collaborating with Network business partners across Global Business Development, Operations, Technology, Legal, Compliance and other functional teams as part of the overall Product Development life cycle.
Ideal candidates would possess functional knowledge of Domestic and International Commercial Payments. Additionally, functional knowledge of product development lifecycle in an Agile framework would be preferred.
*This role is located in Riverwoods (IL) but candidates in New Albany (OH) or Phoenix (AZ) will be considered.
- Lead and inform the Commercial Payments strategy based on industry benchmarks and research while serving as a product SME for business partners and functional teams to maintain strategic alignment.
- Manage product team and lead the product development end-to-end life-cycle from idea inception, concept design, development / build, implementation and ongoing management for all programs and products.
- Coordinate with other functional teams (Business Development, Operations, Marketing, Technology, Compliance, Risk, and Legal) to support the creation of client facing collateral, operational processes and best practices to deliver best user experience.
- Provide continuous support for the expansion of the Commercial Payments Network by driving initial market due-diligence, risk and legal assessment, product planning and launch
- Promote a risk-aware culture; ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and practices. #LI-BP1
- Bachelor's Degree
- 10 years of professional experience- preferably with a concentration in product management/development
- Knowledge of the payments industry; experience in products development and/or technology
- Ability to lead technical discussions, including development of functional transaction flows
- Strong collaboration skills to reach alignment with key stakeholders on product strategic positioning and capabilities
- Strong communication skills and ability to articulate the overall strategic vision of the products, and its roadmap
- Strong leadership capabilities required to drive cross-functional teams and establish relationships, secure resources, and manage broad groups without direct authority
- Experience in a large financial institution with demonstrated success navigating matrix organizations
- Team- oriented, collaborative, and flexible, with excellent presentation skills, including strong oral and writing capabilities
- 3-6 years of experience with Commercial Payments and functional understanding of domestic and international commercial products including, but not limited to: ACH, FED Wire, Chek Payments, SWIFT, Purchase / Commercial Cards, Distributed Ledger (Blockchain), Receivables Financing / Invoice Factoring
- People management experience
- AAP, CTP, SAFe Certification
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate
against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status,
or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.