|Location||Downers Grove, IL|
|Date Posted||January 25, 2019|
The Senior Manager, Content Marketing, is a key contributor in building CompTIA’s corporate membership brand and growing our awareness, relevance, and market position as a go-to resource for all business models and technologies driving business technology solutions.
Responsibilities include building a content strategy to attract and acquire new member companies, drive engagement across all platforms, grow consumption of content, increase ROI for members, and help foster the adoption of new and emerging technologies—like automation, robotics, artificial intelligence, AR/VR, Blockchain, drones, and more.
Candidates should have a passion for writing and a good understanding of the technology ecosystem in order to serve audience needs, proactively jump on trending opportunities, and drive the business of technology conversation forward.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and execute the CompTIA membership content strategy across multiple platforms.
- Generate a variety of content based on industry news/trends, member use cases, market intelligence, and collaboration with CompTIA’s Communities and Advisory Councils.
- Document a content strategy to drive membership goals and execute the editorial calendar across the blog, newsletters, mobile app, website, media outlets, and social media.
- Optimize content for search engines and lead generation and contribute ideas to capture unbranded web traffic and lead conversions.
- Analyze and report on content performance to inform content strategy.
- Own membership’s editorial contribution to the CompTIA.org blog.
- Cultivate relationships with industry thought-leaders and influencers and seek new marketing technologies to expand the blog’s overall reach.
- Pitch ideas for articles, write/assign entries, edit and post.
- Manage editorial contributions from contractors, freelance writers, internal staff and members.
- Grow blog subscribers and convert visitors to relevant business objectives.
- Oversee onsite editorial coverage for all major member events and face-to-face member community and council meetings.
- Manage contributed editorial content for media and industry partners and assist in aligning editorial topics through PR.
- Work closely with the IS team to manage the design and performance.
- Coordinate promotion of articles across social media.
- Produce collateral for various marketing campaigns.
- Develop flyers, brochures, emails, infographics, video scripts, interactive quizzes and others as needed.
- Develop, write and edit case studies, member profiles and success stories.
- Manage the member testimonial database.
- Ensure a consistent brand voice and maintain AP Style and CompTIA Style standards.
- Occasional travel required.